Change font size   Print view

Fabless CPU power supply wiring

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Fabless CPU power supply wiring

Postby rutah213 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:05 pm

I am following the instructions for the "Fan less CPU" and am coming across some road blocks. I feel that I am missing some info with this mod. I have cut my power cord and plugged the hot into the "L" the neutral into the "N" the ground into the "FG" to supply power to the 12V power supply. I then followed the instructions of the manual in this thread to sever all cables from the "old" power supply and remove it. I then followed the correct procedure for the yellow wire from plug "A" going into the +12 terminal and the black wire from plug "A" into the FG terminal. I also have the blue wire from connector "B" into the N terminal and the brown wire going into the "L" terminal. The results are that I do have power however the on/off switch no longer functions. It is on constantly when I plug it into the outlet. The faders no longer move when I connect to Cubase. My Cubase display has spastic movements in the "pan" section of my mixer as well as on my D8B. I have included a pic of the power supply and wiring.

Are there any pics on line of the correct wiring for this 12V power supply?

Thanks!
Pat

Last edited by rutah213 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rutah213

Re: Fabless CPU power supply wiring

Postby rutah213 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:08 pm

rutah213

Return to d8b Forum