Change font size   Print view

my d8b want come on

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: my d8b want come on

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi mike. I will check the big cable again I did take it off and cleaned it with pro gold with a q tip. I to am like you at a loss and I do hope someone can help me with this problem cause I still love my d8b even if it is out dated. Thanks again mike hope you have a bless day. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi Joe,
Thanks, and I will pray that someone here comes up with an answer for you.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone help me with this I am at a local st with this. Thanks Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby bitSync » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:10 pm

garrett21allen wrote:when I boot up the monitor shows error surface control card not ready last known state reset...

Joe Allen

This message can happen when there is no data connection between the d8b CPU and the console. I alternate boot either the native d8b or the D8Bridge MCU emulator software using an A/B switch. If I leave the switch in the D8Bridge position (talking to my DAW) the data path between the d8b CPU and the console is interrupted and I'll get this message from the d8b 5.1 GUI when powering up. If you haven't tried it yet, try cleaning and reseating the DB25 data cable on both ends. Again, as advised earlier in this thread, ensure there is no strain on the cable, just like the power cable. Good luck!
Win7 Pro x64 SP1 / SONAR 2016 Platinum x64 Newburyport / 2x Mackie d8b 5.1 + (D8Bridge v1.1 x32 or ProBox) / 3.20 GHz Intel i7 950, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA3 SSD / RME HDSP9652 PCI (ASIO) / RME ADI-8 QS / New Belgium 1554
bitSync
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 am

Thanks bitsync I will clean and tease at the db25 data cable again and I will check again to make sure there is no strain on the cables. Thanks again Joe allen. If I do have to send my d8b in for repair is the anywhere close to North Carolina that works on the d8b also my box that the d8b came in is bad shape so I would need a box to ship it and the cpu in does any one know where I can find the boxes to ship these two peaces in
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi everyone it's been a few weeks since I been here. Is the anything else I can do or try to help solve my problem I am still having trouble with my d8b not showing any sign of life on the bourd itself except the rud solo light the monitor showed the channel as it should any help would be grate thanks again. Does anyone know how to go about getting any kind of box for the d8b and HDR. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:58 pm

This is strang I booted up my d8b today and where there was no lights coming on on my board just the solo light but today most lights came on in the master section some was like blurrey and some was bright then I rebooted to see if the light would show on channals no luck I did replace the battery could the battery cause this also the battery I put in came in a two pack I used the first time to change so the battery is old. In other words can a bad battery keep the d8b from showing lights now no lights is coming on in the master section or the channels. I want to keep the d8b. But I don't know how to,fix this problem. Can anyone help me or is there anything Else I can try. Thanks joe all n
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:23 am

Hi Joe,
Where are you in NC? I live near Wilson NC. I have a spare console. If you can bring your CPU, we can plug it up to my spare & if it comes on you will at least know where your problem lies.

Have a blessed evening in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi mike. I live in lumberton nc I will check today and see how many miles to Wilson from lumberton it is. That's a good ideal and like you said at least I would know more than I know now if we can do this when would be a good time for you. Thanks again mike not everyone would do this
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Mike I just looked up the miles and it's about 107 miles I think inter state 95 runs into Wilson to me it would be well worth the trip and at least least maybe I could find what's causing my problem now I know nothing. So if you can tell me a good time to go then I will to get there and thanks again mike and you have a blessed day.
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum