Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby arjepsen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:22 am

so: The old version 3 floppies boots into installation, but the new 5.1's dont?

Have you checked that you can read the new disks? Maybe try to copy the files from them to your computer, just to test whether they are readable.
(back when I fiddles with those bisquits, I had one that listed the files, but gave an error when I tried to copy/read them).
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Essentially, the CPU came loaded with 3.0. I'm using 2HD disks formatted in Windows 7 then running the Disk 1,2 and 3 files respectively for 5.1. These all instal on the floppy disks and all files appear correct once installed. Upon inserting the disk 1 floppy in the CPU drive and turning on (bios set to seek drive A) no install occurs.

Quite odd. Just wondered if anyone has come across a similar issue. I'm awaiting some new and sealed floppies in the post, just in case mine are corrupted somewhow.
CentreFix

Postby Old School » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 am

Hi,
I just have a couple of thoughts. First, I have never had any success using a disc that had already been formatted. In my experience, the machine wants to see a "raw' disc, so I suggest using a disc utility to erase and remove all partitions from that drive before trying an install. Secondly, I have had a lot of trouble with the floppy drive units in the D8B and the HDR. If the green light on the floppy stays on all the time(even when there is no disc inserted) then something is wrong. Hope some of this is helpful.

Have A blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks Mike,

I'm determined to get to see 5.1 load. If essentially, (having downloaded 5.1 from this website and extracted the three files to three separate floppies), the install from disk 1 should commence on power-up I presume.....I'm stumped as to why this isn't working. I've ordered a box of sealed floppies so will see what occurs. I understand this would only instal the demo version but having ftp'd to a PC swapping the .asc files seems relatively straightforward. I've already put a 256mb stick and ordered the replacement CPU fan so she's slowly getting all the bits she needs. All I need really is a reliable set of 5.1 disks....I'm using an external USB floppy drive, and all the files do seem to write to the disk. I am wondering if there is something the CPU of the Mackie needs to see on Disk 1 at boot up that would cause the load. Interestingly, the Ver 2.0 and 3.0 original disks I have both work.......
CentreFix

Postby arjepsen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Uhm... just to clarify - you mention an external floppy drive.
Is that the one you try to boot from?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi,

Sorry if it came across incorrectly. Because my PC does not have a floppy drive with which to make the three floppy disks to install Ver 5.1, I'm using an external floppy to USB drive ,Ike this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Floppy-Externa ... oppy+drive

I'm formatting the floppies and extracting the Ver 5.1 to them. Then starting the Mackie D8B with disk 1 insterted......but no joy.
CentreFix

Postby arjepsen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 pm

CentreFix wrote:
I'm formatting the floppies and extracting the Ver 5.1 to them...

Can you describe this in more detail - are you copying/extracting files to the floppies, or do you use the exe file to write the floppies?
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby CentreFix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi,

I am extracting the files to the floppies. Basically, I have downloaded OS 5.1 and once extracted, I see the relevant System, MackieOS, Disk files etc on the floppy. I presume this is what is required.....but please don't hesitate to let me know if I'm doing som thing wrong!
CentreFix

Postby CentreFix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 pm

Essentially I'm clicking the downloaded "d8b51_build445 _disk1" application and this opens the Windows Self Extractor window. I'm selecting "Writing to Floppy" and allowing the programming to extract to the floppy. After extraction I see "System, disk 1, installprefs, MACKIEOS AND PME.SYS written to the floppy. Within the System folder are Firmware, Prefs and tools.
CentreFix

Postby CentreFix » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 am

Still scratching my head over what should be a no brainier......am I correct in presuming the floppies should be double density two sided and formatted in Windows as FAT32 before extracting OS 5.1 on to them...
CentreFix

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum