Change font size   Print view

5.1 crack [DONE]

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 crack [DONE]

Postby Carlo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:27 am

Congratulations for the crack and thank you
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 am

the boss wrote:Just want to tell you all.
If you get Error #74 when you have installed the new cr. plugins.
1. Erase UFX Memory , reboot.
2. Upgrade UFX cards, reboot.
3. Now it's working fine....;)

OK Gang...

Same issue here, I've performed the above steps multiple times doing re-installs from square one, installing everything from the OS on forward with the same results... Error #74...really f'n disappointing... anyone have any ideas before I start tearing at this. It's almost to the point where I'm getting tired of putting all this time and energy into this desk... it works without issue with V3.0... :x

Any/all input is welcome and greatly appreciated at this point in the proceedings... {sighs}

Update

Gathered together all the different angles people here have used to attack this Error #74. I had a funky fader that needed replacing too, so I decided it's on to opening up our favorite console to access the innards and get things working...

Cleaned (DeOxit Cleaner, Best of Breed) and re-seated ALL accessible ribbon & power connectors. Just take your time here, do a thorough job; care should be taken when pulling and re-inserting cable ends. The connector ends on the power board near the BFC can be a downright PITA, but persistence pays off. Keep working them if they're stuck or tight, eventually you'll free them to be cleaned. General rule of thumb would be just don't try and force anything. The ribbon end connectors are keyed, so you're not gonna insert them incorrectly (won't snap in if not aligned correctly)...

Faders are a snap to do, the time it took from extraction to re-install was probably a whole 20 minutes. Git ya a solder sucker, I've seen people here talking about using braids or bulbs; don't waste your time. Something similar to this :
http://www.amazon.com/Elenco-Solder-Sucker-desoldering-pump/dp/B0002KRAAG

I use one that's a little more pricey, but I've had it forever as I used to do a lot of lab work for a large data-comm mfr many moons ago - but I digress. Just get one, inexpensive and well worth the outlay. If you can find it, use eutectic solder (63/37)... cools quicker when the iron is removed from the trace contact/pin - less chance of cold solder joints down the road. There's a total of 5 joints to unsolder/resolder and the fader easily snaps into place when being reinserted into the trace(s) contact pads for re-soldering. One cable to detach/reattach, and a few allen head screws to remove... :geek:

I've got a little green LED out on Ch16, and I looked at the effort to remove/reinstall one of those and it just wasn't one I was willing to undertake right now - too much to remove from chassis just to access the circuit boards underneath (chassis width panel on which the Brain Board is mounted) than I'm willing to undertake this afternoon - minor detail... :ugeek:

Cleaned the ZIFF end connectors in the card cage for the FX cards, cleaned the blade edge fingers on each card and then reinserted them into their slots.

All in all... cables cleaned and reseated, funky fader removed, reinstalled 'new' fader and generally cleaned the innards (forced air from an aerosol can), buttoned up the chassis and booted the console back up...

Batta Bing, Batta Boom!

D8B v5.1, Plugin Upgrade and ALL plugins loading and working per spec. Beautiful sights and sounds... I grinned VERY widely... 8-)

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Vilasalvas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi, Could any one tell me where the hacked control.asc file is located. I have a standard D8b with one effects card.
I must say I feel like a real dumbo amunkst (pun) you lot - your work is unpaid but much appreciated.
Vilasalvas

Postby Vilasalvas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:40 pm

It's OK I have found it. Thanks
Vilasalvas

Postby ANTICOCACOLA » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
Without this solución I had lost my d8b. You are awesome guys!
I have to say that it's not necesary to do any ftp since you can connect you hd or flash memory by USB and put there the files. I've done it this way and it works.
Thanks again!!!
ANTICOCACOLA

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi all;

Thanks yet again to all those involved in giving our d8b's new life.

I have managed to make all the plug-ins work with the exception on the tc I Reverb & the Mackie Mono Delay.

I have tried the 0000-0000-0000, 1111-1111-1111 and 2222-2222-2222 and they do not unlock. I used the autho codes from my 2 licenced 5.1, and they do not work (I didn't expect them to but hey....why not try).

Does anyone have these codes for the hacked version of 5.1? If you do, and you don't mind, please PM me with them. I have a running list should anyone want all of them.

Thanks again.... Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby salvaes » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Congratulations for the crack and thank you
Macpro 12cores ,logic Pro ,RME Octamic2 X4 ,forusrite ISA , apogee DA16X ,
Antelope orion studio - apogee psx100 - TLA CLASSIC VALVE SERIES - SPL GOLDMIKE - Focal twin 6be, Adam A7x ,Mackie d8b
salvaes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Dreamsequence » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:50 pm

If you have access to a working floppy drive you can also change the file through DOS.

Take or create a bootable floppy, and copy the files from the Dropbox. Put the disk in your CPU and power up. It will get to the Boot Loader and then jump to the A: drive A:\>

Change to the C: drive by entering C: It should return as C:\> Enter CD SYSTEM5\FIRMWARE (Note to use SYSTEM with a '5', not an 'S')

DIR shows the directory of SYSTEM5\FIRMWARE. You should see the CONTROL.ASC file. I chose to rename it and leave it there, so I entered REN CONTROL.ASC CONTROL.OLD. Return to the A: drive by entering A:

Enter COPY A:\HACK1\CONTROL.ASC C:\SYSTEM5\FIRMWARE The new CONTROL.ASC has a date stamp of 03/15/16.

Remove the disk and reboot the CPU. The SP-3 Service Pack contains all the plug-ins. You can enter all the codes without rebooting after each code. With (2) MFX and (2) UFX cards, I have something like (17) FX items available.

Happy Mixing to Everyone! :D
Dreamsequence

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:21 am

I have not visited this forum s=for some time now, and i find myself back here because of a problem with one of my D8B's. All of a sudden my BUS outs are not working. have no idea why.

Anyway, in reading this, I have a D8B running 5.1 with all the plugins and i have serials for all. I would be wiling to share if it helps the cause. I would love to build a new CPU with current day hardware and at least get an HDMI video output with better resolution, not to mention better hard drive or even SS drive. ALl kinds of ideas. Please let me know if your still interested in pursuing this. I have another console i bought for parts because it did not have a CPU, but it is fully functional so findings this crack would mean i could build out a new CPU for it.

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 am

Well maybe i should have read the rest of the pages ha ha
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum