Change font size   Print view

Record Assign problem

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Record Assign problem

Postby Phil.c » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:16 am

On behalf of a friend.

He can't assign a channel to a track, ie. channel 1 to track 5 for example, what he has to do is assign it to track 24 first...then he can assign it to track 5...strange?

Any ideas guys:)

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Record Assign problem

Postby Bruce Graham » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Phil;

First... Happy St. Patties Day!

I had a similar problem, once with v 3.0. I reloaded the software and it solved the problem.

I know there has been some issues with 5.1 fitting on 1.44 floppies (what's with that!) so a thought would be to load v3 and see if you have the same problem (ie is it a problem in the console or is it software), then reload 5.1 and see if that works.

Just a thought. Hope all is well in South Wales!

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi Bruce,

I can load on v3 for him and check if the problem is still there but then another problem arises when going back to v5.1 , I have new floppies with v5.1 on and they work but I have only v3 plugins No1 disk usable as No2 disk won't load from the plugin file, I get a "read" or "head address not found" message, which I believe is head alignment!...so he would be stuck with no effects!

An external floppy drive "might" work?

Phil

PS. BTW I'm Welsh not Irish :lol:
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Hey Phil;

So I a little confused re v3 plugin's? I'm not sure what that means? I have many disks and could send you copies if I have what you want. I'll have a look, make a list and send it to you. It's possible I'm running v3 plugins and don't even know it!

I have spare 3 1/2 floppy drives (brand new), I could send you one if you can't get a replacement.

Have you tried reloading version 5.1? Silly questions but sometimes the obvious stuff gets missed. It could be as simple as a file became corrupted when the software was loading.

Let me know
Bruce

Here in Canada, we're all Irish on St. Patties Day! Green Beer and all!
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks Bruce but my mistake, I have old floppy's with Service pack plugins written on them, I think they're just v3 :oops:

I'll try re-loading v5.1 on his desk and see if that cures the problem.

As for you not knowing if you are using v5, the screen is different to v3 and also there's a big V5.1 on the screen when you boot up.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey Phil;

I did know I was running v 5.1 OS, and like it much better than v3, but I though you where referring to the plug-in's. I thought you where saying you have v3 plug in's and I assumed there was some disk for a different version that I was missing.

I do have Service Pack 3 disks which I installed after installing 5.1.

Offer for a new floppy drive still stands if you can't find a replacement.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks again Bruce.

It's been so long since I originally loaded up my "New" d8b that the memory goes :roll:

I seem to remember originally loadng in V3 and then Service pack 3, to be honest, I can't remember what that pack does, but I do know that after "Re" Loading V5.1 there is no need to reload Service Pack 3 as the plugins are there for MFX & UFX except that the UFX codes have to be re submitted.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:35 am

Hey Phil;

I started to look for the SP3 notes in the forum and database and couldn't find anything. I will keep looking.

I will see if I can find my release notes for V5.1 and see what it says about SP 3.

I recall it had something to do with the plug-in's, but if you don't format when installing the upgrade to v 5 or v 5.1 they should still be there. Right????

As far as my comment re "I do have Service Pack 3 disks which I installed after installing 5.1." I did a format as I wanted everything gone. I had backed up all the data I needed to retain.

Any way I will look and post back what I find.

Later
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:39 am

As far as I remember Bruce, when my new d8b was delivered, the v3 OS had to be installed plus the plugins package, but when a v5.1 upgrade is done the plugins package is already there so no re-instalation is needed.

The d8b also came with a few demo plugins floppy's including TC effects which I still have.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum