Change font size   Print view

Zeroing the console (for a newbie)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Zeroing the console (for a newbie)

Postby Vilasalvas » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi, I have managed to get hold of a working D8b, just starting to get to know it, but, I cannot seem to zero the console i.e. reset it back for a fresh project. I read that snapshot 00 will do this, the only problem is that, the snapshot file is empty - when you load snapshot 00 is says "snapshot 0 is empty" can i reload this file from the floppy? Best regards, brilliant forum, with out it, I would not even attempt to use a D8B. Cheers.
Vilasalvas

Re: Zeroing the console (for a newbie)

Postby Old School » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:22 am

Welcome,
Click on file and then click open. A window will come up containing all the mixes that have been saved on this console. If you want to "reset" then open the file labeled "Startup". Whenever you mix and want to save your work, instead of using a snapshot, click File and then "Save as" and a window comes up and you can title the project. Hope this helps.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:19 am

If you have already saved a project as a startup and want a clean slate, open startup as Bruce said, save as with a different name, go to Desktop, click the HD icon once, you will see your projects, drag Startup to the toilet to delete it, when you boot up again, a new "Startup" will be there but clean this time.

Phil

PS. If you need to Zero the channels but keep your loaded effects, hold SHIFT and run your finger along the SELECTS of the channels you want to zero and hit the Cut/Zero Channels button.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Hey Vilasalvas;

I would add that there is in the menu system a setup file called "Channel Filters". Find that and make sure you turn "off" all the filters for all the channels you can. Some are N/A.

This helps to reduce Noise. There us a post in here some where regarding this.

Cheers
Bruce

PS Thanks for the TIP Phil! Didn't know that.
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Vilasalvas » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks for the very prompt replies, it was very very helpful. What has transpired from all this, is that I have a Word Clock issue, I am going to read through the DATABASE articles to see what is the best way to proceed. At the moment it looks like a ribbon cable problem or a bad card.

I use a large Soundtracs Analog desk and I thought that was complicated - little did I know what this little bundle of digital tricks had install for me, Once the D8B is setup tested and working I am sure things will get easier. Vilasalvas.
Vilasalvas

Return to d8b Forum