Change font size   Print view

CF Conversion HDR/MDR OK but no d8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

CF Conversion HDR/MDR OK but no d8b

Postby lnegro » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello All

Happy to report that the Compact Flash conversion for the HDR and the MDR went off without a hitch using generic IDE to CF backplane adapters and Sandisk ultra 4gb compact flash cards.......... Not so much with the d8b. Th 300nhz/3.0 power supply recognizes the same Sandisk 4gb card, but many attempts to format the new card results in a "format failed....contact support..." etc after it loads the first floppy and attempts the format. I am using the newest d8b OS disks which work fine to format a hard drive.

I've tried several new CF cards of the same model with no success.......same error Checked all BIOS and CMOS settings which are proper. Unit works fine with the internal hard drive. Any suggestions for a solution will be much appreciated.

Larry

d8b with 300mhz and 3.0 build 422 OS
HDR - 1.4 OS
MDR - 1.3 OS
lnegro

Re: CF Conversion HDR/MDR OK but no d8b

Postby Old School » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi,
There is a guy on ebay selling cf conversion kits. He will also sell you a CF card with the OS of your choice already loaded for $12, cause I bought an extra CF card when I bought my kit. Maybe you can contact him and tell him what you need if all else fails.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Thanks Mike...........will keep that in mind if nothing else work
Larry
lnegro

Postby arjepsen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:05 am

Exactly what adapter did you use?
Not sure - but there might be some jumpers on it, that could determine whether the CF card is set to work as slave or master on the IDE....
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby lnegro » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:50 pm

It's one of the generic adapters from China ( maybe Syba ) but I've tried several......and did check jumpers. I've also tried 3 of the same cards, the Sandisk ultra 4gb with the same result so I'm thinking maybe its just this model card. I'm waiting for a different brand to come in to see if it gets the same result. Funny thing is this same card works just fine on both the HDR and MDR that I have which is pretty much the same motherboard, bios etc as the d8b. I will post the results and thanks for taking a look

Larry
lnegro

Return to d8b Forum