Change font size   Print view

This guy and family are so nice

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

This guy and family are so nice

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 pm

I just wanted to let people know on this forum that it's good to talk in person to someone that has a d8b and HDR. I have been having trouble with my d8b not showing any green lights only thing the red solo light comes on when I boot it up. So Mike Whitley offerd me to go to his studio and hook up my cpu up to his spare d8b and we did and his d8b came on all the lights came on after he reset my bios. Everything worked mike and his wife made me fill welcome as if they had known me for a long time they are some of the most kind people anyone would want to meet. He also let hear some of the music he has done and I got to say he does a real fine job everything sounded tight to me him and his wife sing and his wife has a cd out and he gave it to me and it sounds as good as anything out there to me. Soi just wanted to thank mike and his wife Tamara for making me fill welcome. Today I hooked everything back up and still the same thing only thing showing is the red solo light no channel or meter lights at all so it must be something in the d8b not the cpu. Thanks again mike you are a good man. Hope to see you again Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: This guy and family are so nice

Postby Old School » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am

Hi Joe,
Thank you for those kind words. I think anyone on this board would've done the same though. Great bunch of guys here. Hope you can get your console fixed.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 am

You are right miike and I do believe anyone would have done the same thing on this forum this is a great forum I been on this forum since 2011 and have had great help from a lot of people. The first mackie forum was a good forum to until mackie took it down. I did check my bios and they are ok I'm just trying to think of anything else I can try and I hope if anyone else can think of anything please let me know just miss my d8b thanks again. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Hi,
thanks for sharing a few moments of this nice Event to all of us !

regarding your Problem.
1. have you used the same Sub-D25 cable ? maybe this is broken.
2. when you open the console , on the brainboard you will find two LEDs (green and red)
check the Status of These LEDs and tell it to us. It indicates the Problem during bootup.
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks Munkustrap I will check it out tonight. I hope this can tell me something Just hope it's not bad news but ether way I need to find out.. Are there anything I should be looking for first time doing this. Thank again. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 pm

no nothing Special.
Just take care that the motorfaders can move if you turn your d8b console and put it on the table vice versa.
And wait till LEDs are stable, they will run throu all Status till it reaches the Point where it stucks.

here the description of the LEDs (there are 3) green, red , yellow.

- if they are all on, the eprom cannot be read
- if only the green lits, then the eprom was read, but the Firmware was not transmitted
- if it is correct the red led schould be on and blinking.

I excpect you get one of the first two.

once you have already opened the console, you can remove the flat ribbon cable from the brainboard which goes to the backside of the console where the sub-d 25 connector is mounted. Afterwards reseat it again, maybe that helps.

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:01 am

Hi mink Sorry it took so long for me to post back to many things have been going on. Anyway I checked the LEDs on the brain board at first the red light comes on blinking then the yellow light comes on blinking then the green light comes on blinking then that all three stay on. Is this what it should do. Also there is a green blinking light on the first board where the chanals are that just blinks This is my first time ever going in the board with it powered up. Hope this can tell you something that can help me. Thanks again for any help Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:18 pm

that means all 3 LEDs remain blinking? or do some of them blink and another one lits up permanently ?
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Munk sorry I spelled your name wrong hit the wrong key I do that a lot Ok the red led stays red permanenttly the yellow light blinks and the green led blinks after it goes through the boot up then the three light stay on permanently but the other light on the board close to the channel blinks green all the time. Thanks for your help munk. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:33 pm

uah !!!

seems so that your EPROM has a Problem, you can only remove it carefully, replace it and pray.
Remember the EROM orientation before you remove it. It can be inserted 180° rotated. That may damage the brainboard.
best solution. Make a photo before. Be carefull with removement (Pins of EPROM)
munkustrap

Next

Return to d8b Forum