Change font size   Print view

d8b console

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b console

Postby micha » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:43 am

hi all.....
still trying to figure out why my transport controls (rewind, ff, play, record) on the d8b console are not responding when engaging them. here is my checklist of items that i have tried:
1. made sure bios, cmos,chipset,power management, pci/pnp,integ. periph settings were to spec.
2. IRQ 10 set to Legacy ISA.
3. purchased a new midi card.
4. using correct mackie breakout cable and new midi cables. hooked up out from cpu to in hdr, then out from hdr to in of cpu.
5. both d8b and hdr Device ID set to 0 (1-8) (9-16) (17-24).
6. using Apogee WC bnc card (out from d8b to in of hdr).......HDR startup manual recommends only using out from d8b to hdr or out from hdr to d8b depending on master/slave config. but not both.
7. i am using d8b as master for both mmc and word clock.
8. i am using OS 5.1 ( with all unlocked codes).
9. battery has already been replaced when bios settings were performed.
10. transport buttons do not respond when engaged, they only light up. the numerical display does not advance either.
11. reseated the midi card. also tried the midi card in a different slot but it did not change anything.
12. doubled/tripled checked connections and bios settings all correct.
13. HUI turned off.
14. d8b sample rate set at 48khz and Apogee clock set on internal (in setup mode) Digi I/O box.

Not sure where/what else to troubleshoot in
order to get the transport controls to function on the d8b console.

Thanks........
micha

Re: d8b console

Postby munkustrap » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 am

Is it possible for you to check the following:

- use HUI and try to check the functionality with a DAW. As far as I understood you try to remote a HDR at the moment.
- Does the d8b Screen has a view where you can see if the button press is recognized by the d8b CPU? this may exclude Hardware failures on your console.

best regerads
munkustrap

Postby Phil.c » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Have you tried the HDR as master clock it has always been considered best that way.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:57 am

Hey Micha;

In the HDR in the setup make sure the HDR is generating MTC and TC (it could MTC OR TC) Mine is set ti generate both.

I remember in the d8b that the Parallel port must be disable. (I didn't see that on your list) Looks like you found the Legacy ISA thing. That usually fixes your problem. ????

I checked my setting against yours, as I have the same set up.

Try reloading software.

I have had better results using the HDR as the Master as Phil stated. Better voltage level. Make sure you power the HDR First when powering up. When powering doen turn off the d8b first (Reverse order).

Keep posting. Good detail.

bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby micha » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 pm

hi guys......
tnx for all your input on this matter. will be trying out your suggestions this weekend when i have some free time. i will respond back with the results.

tnx again......take care!!
micha

Postby micha » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Bruce,Phil,Munk........

guys, just wanna say a hefty THANK U!!! i tried what u guys talked about. after a good many hours of tinkering i was finally able to get the d8b transport buttons working. finally ready to get some long awaited recording done.

so again.....MUCH APPRECIATED!!!
micha

Return to d8b Forum