Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Brain board card

Postby munkustrap » Tue May 10, 2016 12:48 pm

So when I boot mine without CPU, all 3 LEDs lit up for a very short time, then the green stays on, the rest is OFF.
After Firmware is transmitted, the red LED flashes, and the green is blinking every second (If used with probox instead of CPU, no Cards installed).
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Wed May 11, 2016 12:15 am

Hi munk thanks

Let me ask you this if you was in my shoes what would you do without sending it off I would be ok with that if it did not cost so much I would be sending it just about as fare as I could send it to without going to another country and that would cost me both ways then I would have to buy the boxes for both and that cost then I have to pay to get it fixed no telling how much that would be. If I was as smart and skilled as you are then I could probly fix it myself is there anything thing else you would do or replace if it was you

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Wed May 11, 2016 11:20 am

I feel for you Joe, you seem to be in a no win situation. You could cut the costs somewhat by making the boxes yourself but the shipping and repair is still going to be costly. Can you price the box material and shipping first to see where you are price wise.

My d8b has been in twice for repair in the early days,( knowing what I do now and with the help of forum members, I could probably have fixed it myself) Anyway, the price for repairs (I can't remember the problems) was on average £400 but this was years ago!

After you roughly work out these cost you might find it cheaper to buy another one...but as you know, there are no guarantees when you re-buy?

It's a pity that the repairer is not closer, I payed a guy to take mine once, but that was only about 100 miles!

I wish you good luck with whatever you do, I know you have done this but if it was me, I would go over everything again and clean/reseat everything I could, desk and CPU....you never know!

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby gilcharron » Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 am

Just my two-cents but wouldn't it be cheaper, and, more practical to buy a used one that is fully functional from kijiji or eBay, and keep the sick one for parts? (That is what I have done, no regrets). The cost of a used board is less than the cost of repair...
gilcharron

Postby garrett21allen » Thu May 12, 2016 3:18 am

Thanks Phil

I don't even know where I can get the box for the d8b I think I could get a box made for the cpu. I think I will do what you said and go back and check everything again like you said you never know. I also think I might try to get up with Eric Russ he told me if I could send it to him he would look at it and see if he could fix it. I think I will talk to him and see if I could go to his shop or house he is about a five hour drive that alone would be cheaper than sending it to LA I do need to do something soon. It's just strange how the LEDs or lights want come on with my d8b. It's like it don't have any power on the d8b its self now my cpu booted up mike Whitley d8b. So it's got to be something in my d8b. I do thank everyone for there time and help

Joe alle
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 am

Thanks gillcharron

I have thought about getting a used d8b. But I am use to having 5.1 so I would not want to go back to virsion 3
Also I think there still having problems getting v5.1 to work on used boards. But I could be wrong on that

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 am

Hi Joe

if you have the ESN of your non fuctional Brainboard, then I can make you a Firmware with this ESN, so you can use all your codes/Cards and 5.1 in your new d8b, even if it is a Version 3
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 14, 2016 3:42 am

Hi Munk
My wife wants to go to the mountains in about two weeks. And the place we are going to is only about 11miles from Eric Russ house so I think I will call him and see if he can look at my d8b since we will be that close to him. If he can't get it fixed then I will take you up on your offer to make me a firmware ha munk this forum is lucky to have someone as smart as you your a good man and I thank you for everything and advice you have gave me.. I will let you know something in about two weeks maybe he can fix it or maybe he has the tools to check things out. I know I don't I am going to check a few more things out this weekend I may have over looked be nice if I could fix it.

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Mon May 16, 2016 10:48 pm

no Problem Joe, just let me know when you Need a hack
best regards
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Fri May 20, 2016 4:28 am

Hi munk and forum members
good news I took all day long and worked on my d8b. I took and reseated every ribbon cable and cleaned them
I took all my cards out and cleaned and reseated all cards I took my time. And I can not tell you what I did to fix my problem because I did not reboot every time I did something but all light are back on and everything is working except
I can't get the speaker level and head phone levels to work they are stuck where there at on boot up. Also when I change the bank the chanals don't move the stay still in all three banks I did calibrate the faders but the faders did not move while it was calebraten the faders. So if I can get this fixed I will be happy and good to go. I welcome any input and thanks to all that have helped me on this

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum