Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Brain board card

Postby Phil.c » Fri May 20, 2016 8:25 am

Hi Joe,
So...a re-do of everything has got you going again ;)

It might be worth you re-loading the OS again, I did this with one of my D8b's a few months ago...it didn't fix the problem I have but I tried, I didn't need to re-enter the V5.1 code although I have it anyway.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Fri May 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks Phil

I just reloaded the os. Still no speaker level or head phone level works the volum. and the faders don't move when I change banks also the chanals will move on the monitor from the board but the chanals will not move if I use the mouse on the monitor to move chanals they will move on the monitor but not on the board all the pan pots work on all Chanel's one more thing the eq will not work from the on the meter but will work on every chanal. Anyone else had this problem if I can get this fixed I will be good to go. Thanks for any input and help

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Fri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

It might be a silly question Joe but are the fader motors turned off?

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 21, 2016 2:46 am

Thanks Phil

Yes the fader moters are off maybe I need to recheck everything again I hope it's just something I missed
Witch is easy to do. This has never happen to me before with the faders and the head phone speaker levels

Thanks again
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat May 21, 2016 4:28 am

Hey Joe;

It would seem to me that if the faders are moving on the screen but not on the console then the fader motors are OFF If you have proper routing you should hear stuff! but..... try turning the fader motor ON. Set some different fader positions on the MIC bank then switch Line/Tape and see what happens.

If that works then add some signal (with proper routing) and see what happens.

After reading most of the thread it seems you are having a multitude of difficulties. Now that you have the console working (sort of) do one test at a time. As you said it is usually something simple that gets you. Best of luck.

As a point of information, how long have you had this d8b and what type of stuff do you do with it? Just curious.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 21, 2016 5:36 am

Thanks Bruce

I have had my d8b-HDR since 2000. I do country and gospel and I have a lot of people
That bring in sing along tracks to sing with I don't really care about the sing along tracks seems like it hard to get the vocals to set in with the back ground tracks. Any way I will give what you said a shot I'll try anything because it can be anything I know it sounds like I don't know what I am talking about and I do have a hard time in trying to explain things the way people can understand me. But the truth is I am slower than the average person but I try and I do love the d8b there is nothing out there now in the price range so I do want to hold on to it as long as I can

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat May 21, 2016 11:43 am

Hi Joe;

Thanks Joe and keep at it. I find it does help to know where people are at with experience with audio and using gear like the d8b. You're right. It is a great console for the price but it can be difficult at times. We are lucky to have this Forum and these people who share the same love.

Working at something we love to do and helping others is what life is all about! I was a TV Audio Broadcast Technician for 25 years. I did mostly Music and sports. I also taught audio, theory and operations, for 15 years. I have a great deal of trouble, most days, wrapping my head around digital stuff. But I'm getting there. I know the theory, it's just making that work in a way I am use to. Again thanks goodness for this Forum!

Let us know how it is going. I'm sure we can help get this thing working!

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat May 21, 2016 12:44 pm

What Bruce said for me too Joe ;)

To be honest I think us D8b users are on our own as most people who record using other desks etc have no idea what goes on with these...I think they are unique and being able to help each other is a good thing...where else can we go :roll:

Good luck again.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Thanks Bruce + Phil

Bruce You and me are the same age but you do have a lot more experience. Working as a tv audio broadcast technician for 25 years you taught audio theory and operation for 15 years I would say that's a great record and something you should be proud of. Like you said thank goodness for this forum. They are some very smart people on this forum and all will try to help people. And I am thankful for everyone of them Thanks again for your help Bruce

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks Phil

You are so right about people using orther boards they don't have a clue what we go thru
and like you said where else can we go. This is a great forum

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum