Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Brain board card

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:00 am

eBay has a brain board card for $120 dollars is this a fare price the seller said it came out of a working d8b. Also does this card have anything to do with the 5.1 and the effect cards if so will I loose my 5.1 and effects if I change this board out. Munk thinks there is something wrong with my EPROM or the brain board and I have tried everything that has been recommended so the only thing I know to do is replace the brain board. I don.t think it would be that hard to change out unless there is a special tool you use. Also eBay has a ufx card for $125 dollars if anyone is looking for one. Thanks for anyone's input. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Brain board card

Postby munkustrap » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi
if your eprom is really the Problem (as the Service Manual mentioned) then you can put the eprom of the new brainboard into your old brainboard (eprom Exchange). then your ESN stays the same and you can use your configuration.
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Thanks for the information Can you just buy the EPROM. By itself Just asking Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Does anyone know if the Old d8b brain card is diffrent than the newer d8b brain card or are they the same. Thanks joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 am

There are pictures on the data base of the two, one of them I took myself, I think it's the older one. You will need a faster processor with the newer board...well, I did when I changed over.

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:34 am

Hi just got off the phone with Eric Russ he is going to send me a EPROM I sure hope this will fix my problem. Thank mink for all your help. And thank you Phil for your input. Munk I have one more crazy thing to ask you in what order do the three led work on the brain board do they stay or is just one on in what order. This way when I put the new EPROM I will know just what to look for. I thank you so much Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:58 pm

The bottom of page 9 of the service manual has your answers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2F66r ... sp=sharing
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Crash thank you so much for the service manual I understand the LEDs a lot better now. So if this EPROM don't fix my problem then it's got to be something in the brain card if all three LEDs are still on. That means I need to replace the hole brain card one with the 5.1 codes and effects does this sound right. I know it's hard to say what it could be. Thanks again Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:11 pm

yes. the Service Manual, but see page 11 not 9 (9=dsp Card, 11 = brain board)

so there should be an issue with eprom reading. but this can be due to eprom or ADSP pon brainboard.

so perfect that you get an EPROM to check it !!!!
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks munk. So when I get this EPROM and change it out this should tell me more. Also I know this may sound silly but is the ADSP pon brainboard on the brainboard itself. Hope to find something out buy the weekend I will post what's going on. Thanks for everyone help. Joe alle
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum