Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Brain board card

Postby munkustrap » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:15 am

The ADSP on the brainboard is the CPU of the brainboard. Mackie used a DSP for that.
Basically the function of the brainboard is like a small Computer. A small program is stored in the EPROM. It is only for communication with the PSU/CPU to download the real program to the console (but in your case you do not get that far).

once you try the new EPROM and it still doesn't work maybe you can make a higjh Resolution Picture of your brainboard for us. Maybe somebody can see a defect via an optical inspection.
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks you so much munk for helping me to understand this better. I will post my results just as soon as the EPROM come in and I can get it put in. Thanks again. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:47 pm

munkustrap wrote:yes. the Service Manual, but see page 11 not 9 (9=dsp Card, 11 = brain board)

Yes, page 11, my bad....I was just excited that I found the file again and in all of my excitement posted about the first thing that mentioned a flashing LED. Doh!
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Just got the EPROM. put it in and the same thing first time boot up and all three LEDs stayed on I rebooted and just the green led stayed on but all three LEDs blinked until it booted up. Also I can still move all the controls and channels 1-24 from the monitor with the mouse. But still the only light that comes on is the solo light nothing else lights up. This may sound silly could a bad hard drive cause some of my problems. I think I'm going to have to get another brain board from Eric Russ Thanks for everyone's help. So sad Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:25 pm

really strange, that a new eprom seems to make it a Little better but not 100% ok.

As far as I understood your CPU worked with the console from a different user?

best regards
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Munk yes it did boot up at mike studio. So I am thinking it's got to be something in the d8b if it was in the cpu it would have not booted up at mikes place on his d8b. If you was me would you replace the brain board or would you try something else. I don't know what else to try any suggestions are welcome. The thing I don't understand is the solo light is the only light that will come on nothing else lights up but I can move the faders and nobs with the mouse on the first 24channals. Thanks again Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:01 pm

If I were in your Position I will do a lot of other checks before I buy a new brainboard. But I have a lot of electronical skills and a scope that helps me to check more things on the brainboard.

Do you get any Error 43 with the eprom that was sent to you ? or is the Display on the consloe dark ?
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 am

Hi munk no I don't get error 43 with the new EPROM but I did not get error 43 with the old EPROM. I get nothing on the board but on the monitor I get the error surface control card not ready last know state reset it showed this with both EPROM on the monitor I can't see anything in the meter breige just the solo light up. Thanks joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Ha munk all the display on the console is dark except the red solo light and it don't blink it just stays red. It's like there is no power on nothing except the rud solo light. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby the boss » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi

I was thinking about the power card in the d8b console.
The connectors or the capacitors on that board.
the boss

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum