Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Brain board card

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:55 pm

Thanks boss what is the best way to check this out. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby FrankH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Joe:

It's too bad you didn't bring the board and CPU cables up to Mike Whitley's house along with your CPU. Would've been interesting to see how your board reacted hooked up to Mike's CPU.

If anything, doing that could've at least ruled out your cables and BFC connector on your board as suspects.

That said, I would go over every ribbon connection in the board with a fine tooth comb for a possible mis-seating. The Boss's suggestion makes me think that would be useful to know what the power rails are reading around the board.
Do you have a multimeter? Can you test this kind of thing?
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 pm

sorry I have no idea anymore.
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi frank yes it would have been good to do that but I think mikes extra cpu was not working. that why he said I could take my cpu and hook and at least I would know if my cpu was working. I have never had to use multimeter but I do think I have one. Just need to know what to check and how to check it. I got to start somewhere Thanks for any help on this. Also I could be wrong about mikes extra cpu not working I seen one with the top off so that's why I say that.
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi munk I do want to thank you for all your help you have giving me. No need to be sorry you gave me your ideals what you thought it could be that's all anyone can do so thanks for that. If you do think of anything else please let me know. I to am sorry I don't know anymore than I do. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Ha munk booted it up again three times now in order the green led comes on and stays lit the the yellow and red LEDs blink one time together After that the red and green LEDs comes on the red stays red and the green led is blinking for about 45 seconds then the red led stops blinking and now just the green led stays on. It's done the same way the last three times I booted it up in a row. Just wanted to run that by you. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby the boss » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:50 am

Hi

Open the console and check the power distribution to the console. It's easy to dissemble and check if the components and cables are ok. I've done it on my console before I found my problems. I personally do not think its the eprom or the brain card.
the boss

Postby garrett21allen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi and thanks Boss for ur input I will check the power distribution to the console today and see if I can see anything wrong in there. Thanks joe Allen all input is welcome I will try anything to get my d8b back to life again I miss her
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:54 am

Well just took the power distribution out and looked at everything and everything looks ok to me. But this time when I booted it up all three of the LEDs came on and stayed on for about 30 seconds then the red and yellow LEDs went out and just the green led stayed on did this four times in a row. So something is bad wrong here. I would send it off but I don't have the box and time I pay for a box and then ship it of from North Carolina it will cost me way to much money compared to what the d8b is selling used for today. Hope I can get this fixed. Thanks to everyone that has helped me with this. Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:35 am

I'm not a techie Joe but can you check the voltages from the Power distribution unit?

I hope you get it up and running soon!

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum