Change font size   Print view

Brain board card

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Brain board card

Postby munkustrap » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:54 am

garrett21allen wrote:Hi munk I do want to thank you for all your help you have giving me. No need to be sorry you gave me your ideals what you thought it could be that's all anyone can do so thanks for that. If you do think of anything else please let me know. I to am sorry I don't know anymore than I do. Joe allen

Hi Joe
for sure I will follow the thread and if I have new ideas I will let you know

ADD:
Just read the last postings. You say the green light stays on and the rest is OFF ?
with which EPROM ? with yours or the other one.
check the Serial communication between CPU and console, maybe your cable is broken.
AND reseat and check the cable plugged on J26 on the brainboard (it goes to the 25pol connector on the back of the console)

best regards
munkustrap

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks Phil

I will try and get someone to check the voltage

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks munk

It's the new EPROM. The LEDs did not change until i took the power distribution a loose to check it. I put it back in same way did not find anything wrong there. Just put a brand new data cable on it the other day. I will check the serial communication. Thanks for ur help.

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:11 pm

Hey Joe,
Sorry we haven't been able to solve your problems, but at this point the cheapest option may be another D8B. There is a guy with a working D8B & CPU in the "for sale" forum on here for &500. He lives in Virginia so you might be able to drive up and see it under power. Just a suggestion.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi and thanks mike

That may be my best bet the only thing I don't like is its the older board with the 133 in it. So I don't think I can get the v5.1 how hard would it be to put v5.1 on that board. Also Eric Russ told me if I could ship my d8b to him he would look at it he lives in Henderson nc about 4 or 5 hour drive so I think I will call him and see if I can take my board to him. But if he can't fix it then I might try to get that d8b from the other guy. Only if I can get v5.1 with it
Thanks mike for your help and suggestions

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:26 pm

You can run 5.1 on an a 133 equipped CPU, I am doing it. You just need to have enough RAM for it to fly.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks crash
Your right but what I meant if it don't come with v5.1 then you can't get it can you. Or did they get it where people can get v5.1 without the codes . I think mike told me something about that but my mind is shot trying to finger out what's wrong with my d8b. And since I herd what mikes doing with his d8b it makes me want my board fixed bad. Mikes recording sound great he does good work so mike I blam you lol

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:40 pm

My bad... I thought the 5.1 code crack had been accomplished overe here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1634
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:04 am

Just asking
Can one wire from say a ribbon cable be broken by pulling on the ribbon cable to hard. The reason I ask this is because my d8b was coming on and all light would light up. The reason i check the ribbon cables was it would boot up and work for about half hour and so I thought I needed to check and reseat the ribbon cables as I have done three or four times before. I just remember my d8b would come on and show life until I went in it the last time. I must have broke something the last time I went in the d8b. I did pull all three ribbon cable off at the power distribution on both ends could I have damage a cable

Joe allen
Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:46 am

garrett21allen wrote:Can one wire from say a ribbon cable be broken by pulling on the ribbon cable to hard. The reason I ask this is because my d8b was coming on and all light would light up. The reason i check the ribbon cables was it would boot up and work for about half hour and so I thought I needed to check and reseat the ribbon cables as I have done three or four times before. I just remember my d8b would come on and show life until I went in it the last time. I must have broke something the last time I went in the d8b. I did pull all three ribbon cable off at the power distribution on both ends could I have damage a cable.

Multimeter, Joe... and check end pin-to-end pin continuity on the connectors... it'll be a slow process, but if you feel that's the outstanding issue here there's really no better 'down to the bare metal' hardcore way of checking a cable other than having a cable tester jig or tool. Multimeter is just more time-consuming...

However, you knew it was coming, so here it is :
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your Actual Mileage May Vary..."

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum