Change font size   Print view

Buy online plugings Mackie d8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Buy online plugings Mackie d8b

Postby Crash » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm

You can't. His best option is assigning the output to Bus 1-8, not ideal. I used the d8b live for a lot of years, and It was nice to have a graphic across the stereo buss but I had a rack of 12 dbx 31 band EQ's to do wedges.

If you had the open channels I suppose you could try and do something with channel patching where you take the fx return of the EQ and channel patch it to a channel then turn up the aux there.... It makes my head hurt thinking about it. The possibilities for eletronic feedback loops is great, I would probably abandon this idea upon further thought. Your best bet is external EQ.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby M-A » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 am

Un millón de gracias, Peter.
¡¡ Eres mejor que el 7º de Caballería !!

He comprobado que los EQs funcionan insertados/asignados a canal pero no consigo ecualizar las salidas AUX 1-8.
Estoy seguro que estoy haciendo bien las asignaciones/routings desde/hacia las tarjetas y auxiliares.

¿Sabes si éste plugin tiene esa limitación?Si no recuerdo mal, en su manual no tocan a la asignación en los Auxiliares aunque no podría jurarlo.

Saludos y gracias de nuevo.

Miguel Ángel
For those about to rock (we salute you).
M-A

Postby M-A » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 am

Thank you very much for your help, Crash !!

It's a shame what I've read. Cannot believe it yet...
Why this limitation to assign plugins wherever you need them?

:(

Well... If I understand correctly, I can assign any graphic EQs from the virtual rack to whatever 8 busses and they (AcumaLabs EQs) will work using Analog BUSS OUTS 1 to 8 using the D25->XLR snake.

Am I right?

Thank you very much in advance.
Gracias de nuevo a ti también, Peter.

Miguel Ángel
M-A

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:55 am

Yes, you understand what I am talking about with the bus outs. Even that is not a very good solution since your monitor mixes will be affected by you house mix fader moves. The d8b is ok in a live setting but it really shines in a studio. Unfortunately, with out having any way to assign any of the F/X card outputs to the auxes, it just makes it near impossible to do monitors without a rack of external EQ. It was just something that I don't think anyone thought to implement unfortunately. I'll keep thinking about it and if a solution hits me I'll post it here. Sorry dude.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby M-A » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:58 am

Thank You one more time for your help.
I think it's a pity to dismiss that kind of feature onto D8B mixer... (sigh).

Please: Does anyone know if it is due to a software/operating system limitation or is due to hardware design?.

Best regards.
M-A

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:12 pm

M-A wrote:Thank You one more time for your help.
I think it's a pity to dismiss that kind of feature onto D8B mixer... (sigh).

Please: Does anyone know if it is due to a software/operating system limitation or is due to hardware design?.

Best regards.

Sorry I didn't have better news for you. No matter, if it is software or hardware, you are still in the same situation. I would imagine it is proabaly a bit of both as to why it was not implemented. If it could have been, I bet it would have been upon further reflection. Having worked with a lot of those guys during my time at Mackie, there were a lot of sharp guys and gals involved with this product.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum