Change font size   Print view

I made a big big boo boo

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: I made a big big boo boo

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 28, 2016 4:07 am

Ha Bruce

I think what you said is what I'm going to do with Eric Russ let him check out both the cpu and the board. But I also
Think I will try to get me another d8b that is if he has one working for a good price thanks joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 28, 2016 4:19 am

Higoonkalomky thanks

Would anyone change out the power distribution card if you had that sizzle sound

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat May 28, 2016 4:23 am

Ha Phil thanks

Yes you are right Phil there is some bits back there I learnt the hard way :
Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi all

I think I will give up on my d8b I just replaced the power distribution card and no luck no lights on the d8b the mouse pointer is not even working as it was working before so I messed up big time this time. So I think I will go another way. I have a Lot of people who like to record with just a two track sing along cd or tape country and gospel so what would be a good way for me to go just doing this. I still want to get a good recording and I still have the HDR what would some of you do what way would I out go with a good sound Let me say this if you had the HDR what would you buy to do two track recording if your d8b was shot Just asking Wish I could get the d8b going again Thanks for any help

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:17 am

Hi Joe;

Sorry for your troubles. You sure have tried to bring life back to your beloved d8b.

It good to hear you have clients.

Your question is very difficult to answer as much more information is needed to figure out what to suggest.

Things like......

What Input/Output cards does your HDR have? This is a big consideration for what you will have to buy in order to interface.

Do you have a remote 48 for the HDR? Since you don't have the d8b you will need something to control the HDR (assuming whatever you purchase doesn't have MTC control,

Is it time to consider a total computer based system? Lots to learn and could be more money, but it would be newer technology.

There are more questions but... it all starts with how much do you want to spend and how much are you willing and able to learn about another system?

Is getting a different d8b out of the question? That way you do not have to learn anything new and you have spare parts (sort of).

There is a fellow in this forum who has (had) a d8b fully loaded for $1150.00? That is very reasonable I think.

Think about it and post back.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:21 am

What about the Erik Russ situation?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks Bruce and Phil

Bruce my bad for not giving more information I guess I was just trying to get out cheap as I am getting older
and fill like I don't have time to learn all the new stuff as all in the box it's a lot to learn at 63 but I still want to have a part in recording and I have the HDR with all opt 8 cards just sitting her thinking I could use this some how.

Phil I did talk to erik Russ he said he had a cpu but did not have a working d8b.so I hate to buy the cpu and my d8b still might not work even Eric said that two. I'm just thinking what I need to do. Thanks for everyone's help

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm

So why couldn't you try your d8b with his CPU?

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Hi Phil that's a good thought

But it will cost about $70 to ship it to me and then if it don't work then I have to send it back at another $70
That's $140 wasted I think I might see if he will let me just take both to him and see witch one is not working
Believe me I would like to get it fixed at least I do know a little bit about the d8b. I know nothing about in the box.
Thanks Phil for your input it helps a lot

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:54 am

Hi everyone I'm getting ready to get a cup from Eric Russ but before I do is there a reset button on the d8b or the cpu
Also is there anything I need to know or need to make sure this cpu have this or that.
Thanks for any suggestions

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum