Change font size   Print view

Upgrading from 3.0 to 5.1 with out a floppy drive

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Upgrading from 3.0 to 5.1 with out a floppy drive

Postby AustinFa04 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:16 am

That would be awesome arjepsen! I have if you need me to send you the info.
AustinFa04

Postby Cavemonk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 pm

I am trying to upgrade a friends D8B to version 5.1. Is there any chance I could get that image from you? Is there something that needs to be done to the CPU? Any help would be appreciated. Im pretty savvy but this not my own gear, so Im trying to learn as much as I can, to help my buddy out. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Cavemonk

Postby Cavemonk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:54 pm

AustinFa04 wrote:That would be awesome arjepsen! I have if you need me to send you the info.

Was he able to help, you? And/or provide the image file?

I am trying to upgrade a friends D8B to version 5.1. Is there any chance I could get that image from you? (If you got it from the other forum user) Is there something that needs to be done to the CPU? Any help would be appreciated. Im pretty savvy but this not my own gear, so Im trying to learn as much as I can, to help my buddy out. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Cavemonk

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:45 am

Cavemonk wrote:I am trying to upgrade a friends D8B to version 5.1. Is there any chance I could get that image from you? Is there something that needs to be done to the CPU? Any help would be appreciated. Im pretty savvy but this not my own gear, so Im trying to learn as much as I can, to help my buddy out. Thanks for any info you can provide.

This topic seems to come up more than you'd think. See if this helps, and if you still have issues just post 'em up here:

http://d8bforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=150

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 am

Or you could dump the floppies, replace with CF flash drive and load the hack image file onto the CF flash drive using a backup and restore program on windows using a CF card reader.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum