Change font size   Print view

DSP Error - Control Board Not Ready

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

DSP Error - Control Board Not Ready

Postby rexrecording » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:38 am

I have 2 Mackie d8b's. I recently moved them to a new facility and when I booted, them up, they both came up with a DSP error. I have tried switching the consoles and the computers and get the same error. I can not reboot because the mouse isn't working in this state. I have been trying to resolve this for several months. Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.
rexrecording

Re: DSP Error - Control Board Not Ready

Postby Old School » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:32 am

Hi,
You say you recently moved. I would reseat all connections, especially the BFC, if that fails I would open up the CPU and reseat the video card and all the ribbon cables. (something may have come loose in the move) As for the mouse, you say you have 2 D8B's, by any chance are you using one mouse with a kvm switch? I once had this problem and the KVM had gone bad. Maybe none of this will help but its a place to start.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DSP Error - Control Board Not Ready

Postby Y-my-R » Tue May 30, 2017 2:23 am

Short answer (and I know this is a very old thread, but maybe it helps someone with the same issue):

If it's the same issue as with my unit, there's nothing wrong with the DSP card. There's an issue with some of the files on the harddrive.

Why do I think this?
Because I got the same error after messing around with the OS 5.1 Hack on a drive I cloned (replacing control.asc file on the drive, and trying to activate). And I also have two units, and they both gave the same error when booted from the same CPU.

HOWEVER, when I put the original drive back into the CPU (original control.asc with all plug-ins and OS 5.1 activated), it booted just fine.

So, apparently, it doesn't like one of the modifications I made. Now that I think of it, I think I accidentally deleted a "config" file from the Firmware folder, while intending to delete only the control.asc file. I'll try putting the config file from the original back. Trying now...

Yup. that was it. I put back the "Config" file into the Firmware folder, and the error didn't come up on boot anymore.

So, either that file is missing for you as well, or got corrupted.
(or maybe it's a different cause than from me, and both your d8b's have loose ribbon cables to the DSP board... what a coincidence).

Anyway, maybe this helps someone else... putting the config file back solved this error message for me...
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum