Change font size   Print view

Brain board

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Brain board

Postby garrett21allen » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi everyone this may sound dumb
But if I get another d8b can I take the brain board out of mine and put it in another
d8b so I can use 5.1 or want this work. My board that's down has 5.1 on it the other board has 3.0 on
It

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Brain board

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi all
The reason I ask about this is I finely got up with axeman098 he has a d8b on the for sale site here
and it's still for sale we are post to get together just as soon as he gets back with me the Eric Russ cpu did not
Go thru only because he did not have a d8b to go with it. So I was scared to take that chance I just wanted to know
If I could change out the brain board and get the 5.1working in the d8b I'm getting from axeman098 or will I have to get up with Ralph thanks for any help or input on this

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi Joe;

If the board and CPU you are getting from axeman098 works, I believe updating the software with Ralph's hack is a safer, easier way to go.

If you can connect the d8b in an FTP configuration it is very easy to make the change. If you can't create the FTP I would remove the hard drive, after installing 5.1, out of the new d8b and take it along with the hack to a computer store and have them transfer Ralph's hack.

You have had so many difficulties over the past few months that I think simpler is better.

That's my 2 cents.

Cheers and best of luck!
Beuce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Bruce Graham wrote:If the board and CPU you are getting from axeman098 works, I believe updating the software with Ralph's hack is a safer, easier way to go.

If you can connect the d8b in an FTP configuration it is very easy to make the change. If you can't create the FTP I would remove the hard drive, after installing 5.1, out of the new d8b and take it along with the hack to a computer store and have them transfer Ralph's hack.

You have had so many difficulties over the past few months that I think simpler is better.

That's my 2 cents.

Spot-On, Bruce...

One thing I might add here Joe, is taking the instructions for the firmware mod (read Ralph's 'hack') along with you to get this done IF that's the route you choose - it'll avoid any tech questions as it's self-explanatory. Keep in mind at this point in the game (I've lurked and am well aware of the legacy of this thread) regarding Bruce's point of keep things as simplistic as possible. It'll ultimately keep the whole process as seamless as possible too, and you'll be up n running again in a more expedited manner, IMHO... :ugeek: ;)

Of course, you knew it was coming, so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your Actual Mileage May Vary..."

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Ha Bruce and Dok

Thanks for yalls advice on this I can't remember how to get the hack and where to get the hack

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 am

Hi Joe;

The link is in a topic called "5.1 Crack Done". Page 5, I believe.

I am going to be away for a week but I'm sure others will chime in if you are have any further q"s.

Best of luck.
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi everyone

Ok today I am going to pick up a d8b with power supply from James the guy that had it for
sale in the for sale forum for $500. It is the older board with the 166 in it that's running version 3.0
so can I use the cpu on my board that's running version 5.1 if so what will I need to change if not is there
anything I can do to get that old cpu to run with my newer board in 5.1

Thanks Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:53 am

Sorry I meant to say the 133 not 166
Let me say it this way will any cpu work with any d8b older or the newer one if not can it be made
To work. If so what do I need to do to the old cpu. Just asking before I make another big mistake

Joe Allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 am

Is this a crazzy and dumb thing to ask
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Okay I got the d8b from alxeman098

So befor hooking it up i took the CPU I got from him and hooked it up
To to my board and it would not boot up this is the older CPU So I hooked up his board and cpu
And everything works. So I think now I will try and see if my cpu will boot up the new board I just got
If it boots up that means there is nothing wrong with my cpu and that its just my board that I'm having trouble
with. I am going to get Ralph hack. But if I can get my d8b working that will make it better for me then I will have two if it is my console then I would think there is something in there that keeping it from getting power and booting up

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum