Change font size   Print view

Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o MIDI)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Converting a D8B to a full fledged DAW Controller (w/o M

Postby Marc Girard » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 am

Finally! The web site is ready! Pay us a visit here: http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge

Spread the word around, thank you all for you patience and your support!

-Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
http://www.bluaudio.org/d8bridge
Marc Girard

Postby synthjoe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Great stuff! Congrats!
synthjoe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby deanoh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Cool site Marc! Very well done mate!
deanoh

Postby MOSHWITZ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Sup?

:o OK,, I'm in....PAID :mrgreen:

Thanks Marc and Frank for your relentless determination to get this done and out you guys KICK ASS :!:

Now the waiting begins :lol: . When it comes I'll try to give a complete report and I'll test it with everything I(and various band-mates rigs) have.

MOSHON
DAVE
MOSHWITZ
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby eaygee » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Congrads Marc on the completion. I just ordered the D8bridge........ I'm excited... Do we have an eta on ship times and arrivals to California?

AG
eaygee

Postby Marc Girard » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 am

Hey guys! Thanks a bunch for the orders! It's so cool to wake up in the morning at seeing that there's already some sales going on!

I'm gonna build the cables tomorrow and try to ship them by Friday, in the meanwhile, I'll email you guys the software as well. The ETA should be around 10 days, that's what it took for Peter's cable.

Thanks again all! Spread the word!

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

Postby Zorba the Geek » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks for the update Marc.

I'm really looking forward to firing up your software once the cable arrives. (I may even end up selling my MCU unit and extender if the D8Bridge works the way I hope!!) I have a couple of questions if it's not too much trouble. I'm sure you are very busy getting orders out and making up cables so please do not worry about a response if you are flat out!

1) How long is the DB9 cable and how far can it extend before communication problems arise? The reason I ask is that I would love to have the d8b CPU (providing power) and my main DAW computer both racked outside my control room for noise reasons. I can't remember exactly how long the d8b power cable is, but can the DB9 cable extend reasonably far in order to keep both noise-makers away from the console? I can always try making up a longer cable down the track, but just though I would mention it as a possibility for a quieter control room when I finally hook everything up.

2) In looking over the "d8bridge buttons" jpg on your website, I notice that you have a "view custom" button listed after the "View MCU 1/2/3" buttons. Has this "view custom" button been implemented and what does it do?

3) Is there any way to map any of the remaining master-section buttons to the Nuendo/Cubase "quick controls" or other generic remote functions?

PS I love the cursor Zoom!! That is such a great addition. Thanks again Marc, and don't worry about responding if you are too busy. It may be best if I simply wait for the cable to arrive and have a play around then and get back to you. Best of luck getting more orders coming through!

Kind regards,
George
Zorba the Geek
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby joetuovi » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Thank you ppl for all the hard work you have done!
I'm really close to order one B8bridge for my self also because my d8b has been laying in a corner for a long time. The problem is that I'm a mac / pro tools / Logic user. It is possible to install windows for pro tools use only.. but somewere here I read that B8b bridge doesn't support MCU. Is there any way to get this piece of art to work with pro tools at least in windows?
If not, would i want to wait until the support for pro tools / mac is real or would I just want to sell my D8b?

Anyways, the work you have done is amazing! Thank you!

-Joe
joetuovi

Postby markd56 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 am

Well done Marc & Frank. This was obviously a long and challenging project, but you stuck with it and came through. Congratulations on completing the D8Bridge - I look forward to purchasing my copy and getting it going on my home system early in the new year. Well Done!!!

Best Regards,
Mark.
And in the end.....The love you take.....Is equal to the love.....You make.
markd56

Postby Marc Girard » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:14 am

Zorba the Geek wrote:1) How long is the DB9 cable and how far can it extend before communication problems arise? The reason I ask is that I would love to have the d8b CPU (providing power) and my main DAW computer both racked outside my control room for noise reasons. I can't remember exactly how long the d8b power cable is, but can the DB9 cable extend reasonably far in order to keep both noise-makers away from the console? I can always try making up a longer cable down the track, but just though I would mention it as a possibility for a quieter control room when I finally hook everything up.

2) In looking over the "d8bridge buttons" jpg on your website, I notice that you have a "view custom" button listed after the "View MCU 1/2/3" buttons. Has this "view custom" button been implemented and what does it do?

3) Is there any way to map any of the remaining master-section buttons to the Nuendo/Cubase "quick controls" or other generic remote functions?

PS I love the cursor Zoom!! That is such a great addition. Thanks again Marc, and don't worry about responding if you are too busy. It may be best if I simply wait for the cable to arrive and have a play around then and get back to you. Best of luck getting more orders coming through!

1) I don't have a definitive answer, but pretty long I say! I'm using CAT5 cable for the core, all copper, it should be pretty reliable.

2) This 4th page is for future development. I thought I'd need it later. It's implemented, just not in use.

3) Not for now, I tried using a 7th and 8th virtual port a few weeks ago, I added a lot of complexity, I'll investigate this.

4) The Zoom is the bomb! Zooming by simply turning a knob feels so right, I wonder why nobody thought about this before!

Best regards,

Marc
Marc Girard
Bluaudio.org
Marc Girard

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum