Change font size   Print view

SP3 Memory Extraction Error

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: SP3 Memory Extraction Error

Postby FrankH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 am

Peter's suggestion is smart info....except for one small detail: that service pack is not part of the v5.1 installation. It's part of the v3 installation. See what you have as far as launchable plugins first before being driven totally nuts.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby leaddog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:45 am

OK I can tell this is going to end with lots of embarrassing egg on my face.

@Peter, thanks for your attempt to help. I appreciate it.

I was starting to get the idea that this SP didn't work on V5.1 I even asked if it only worked on V3.0 but I got confused because some plugins that were supposed to unlock (or so I thought) didn't and some weren't in the list AS BEST AS I COULD TELL.

It has been confusing with the name differences between the list of plugins from the crack list and what it shows in the license box onscreen but here we go.

The crack list shows this set of plugins should be unlocked (kinda)
RTA-31 v1.0 Build 53 - Authorized
Saturated Fat v1.0 Build 54 - Authorized
Mono Delay v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Stereo EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Vocal Studio v3.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code (This is unlocked for me because I have 2 MFX cards)
TC Level 1 v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, no unlock code (This is unlocked for me because I have 2 MFX cards)
TimePak v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Antares Autotune v1.1 Build 56 - Authorized
Drawmer Dynamics Mono V1.0 Buil... - Locked, 2 attempts
Drawmer Dynamics Stereo v1.0 Bu... - Authorized
DSR-1 v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
Delay Factor v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
MDW Mono EQ v1.0 Build 52 - Authorized
Final Mix v1.0 Build 25 - Authorized
FIlter Machine v1.0 Build 52 - Locked, 2 attempts
Mackie Effects v3.0 Build 52 - Authorized - no unlock required
Acuma Pro Audio Lab - plugin not installed
TC Electronic MDW 2x2 - plugin not installed

Note: Everything bolded above I didn't know until tonight. Also, the text file with the unlock codes didn't mention that Pro audio Lab & TC Electronic MDW 2x2 was not installed. I just found this in the crack 5.1 DONE thread. So that was 2 of them I thought I should get since unlock codes were provided in that file.

Next... Filter Machine stays locked too according to the above. Unlock codes were given for that too. That explains that.

One that is NOT explained is the Drawmer Dynamics STEREO V1.0 is not even in my list. Not there. The MONO is but not the stereo. And as I confirmed the MONO would not unlock. But again, I was given unlock codes.

Time Pack same song as the rest. Locked even though I had unlock codes.

The more I stare at this I think I did all this and harassed half the planet for a big nada. And for that I apologize.

I just didn't find anywhere that SP3 only applied to V3 OS.
I also got confused because I got unlock codes for plugins that don't unlock and some that aren't even in the list.

And if anyone thinks I am gonna give RALPH a hard time about the unlock codes in the text file...no way. He has done what no one else could do. He gets a salute from me. Thanks Ralph (munkustrap). When I bought this I had no plugins unlocked and now I have a good selection to try.

Thanks to Phil for his continued attempts to help me and to Frank for showing me what was wrong without using the word stupid. :D

I guess I am at the end of the road.

Now I have to decide if it is worth it to tear the whole thing apart to get 2 stinking LEDs fixed that someone pushed down beneath the faceplate. I'm thinking NO. I need to clean up my whole house now that has been affected by this. Plus I would kinda like to use this console.

Once again, sorry to make everyone chase their tail. And thanks again to anyone who tried to help.
leaddog

Postby FrankH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:39 am

Looking at your list....you pretty much have everything worthwhile. Everything that appears locked was pretty much useless crap anyway. No big loss. The onboard compressors work as well as the Drawmer did...so no big loss there either.

The one plugin that you'll find to be the most useful is FinalMix. I say this because the D8B has no pre-fader insert points across the 2 Mix bus and FinalMix will provide 6 Band EQ, 4 Band compression, Limiting and Gating across that bus...before the master fader. It's a friggin' lifesaver because the threshold settings won't be upset on fades.You'll find that the MFX effects, while fairly pedestrian, are quite reasonable sounding.

If you are using a DAW to do your primary recording, the plugins available there will probably be all you'll ever need anyway. Keep in mind that the Mackie efx are ancient by today's coding standards.

From the general tone of this thread, I can tell that those 2 LEDs will eventually gnaw at your OCD....so um.... good luck ignoring that. Heh heh.
FrankH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby leaddog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:56 am

I just forgot to mention final mix. I have it running.

OCD .... Geeeeez that obvious Huh? ;)
leaddog

Postby Phil.c » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:34 am

Well done, I'm glad for you.

As Frank said, Final Mix is about the main one you will need, check out the presets but I find the "Final Mix" one to be the best for general use and of course it is editable :) Don't forget to set it to L & R ;)

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Don't you hate it when people "figure you out" and you haven't even met them :lol:

Glad you're all sorted!

Cheers and welcome
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Old School » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:21 am

Glad to hear you're up and running.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans