Change font size   Print view

Midi Midi Midi and more Midi

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Midi Midi Midi and more Midi

Postby Vilasalvas » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi there, can anybody tell me if I am connecting a D8B, a HDR, and a DAW with Midi, do I just daisy chain them "in and out" or do I need some sort of Midi hub? Also if I connect the D8B and HDR with word clock coax and ADAT tos link light pipes what is the best method of syncing is it Midi, Word clock or can the D8B get sync from the Tos Link. Super forum, thanks.
Vilasalvas

Re: Midi Midi Midi and more Midi

Postby Crash » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 pm

When I had the HDR/d8b combo run with Reaper on a MAC, I use a MOTU Midi box to make it all work. Lock your sync with the BNC connectors off the Apogee word clock card, assuming you have one installed. The d8b can lock to ADAT optical but I have found that to be sort of sketchy in my use of that method. The database is a wealth of info. if you haven't checked it out.

http://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/index.html
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby garrett21allen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi Crash

You said when you had the HDR/D8B combo. What are you running now
Just interested

Joe allen
garrett21allen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Vilasalvas » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:04 am

I have an old Soundtracs Inline 36 going out to a Alesis HD24 which is very "old school" and is quite straight forward to use. Along the way I have bought (so cheap) a Mackie D8b and a Mackie SDR24. I bought the Soundtracs Adat's and outboard some 20 years ago for £10k. At the time a brand new D8b or a Yamaha 02r setup was about the same price (£10k) - but I chose the traditional desk and I have never regretted it, now my old soundtracs inline would sell for about £3k with all the outboard, so I am thinking it has held its value far better that the digital setup that was purchased for £300!. The D8b is much harder to use and get good results from. Cheers.
Vilasalvas

Postby Crash » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:58 pm

garrett21allen wrote:Hi Crash

You said when you had the HDR/D8B combo. What are you running now
Just interested

Joe allen

Still using the the same rig. I also have a Tascam X48 that I rehabbed the motherboard on that I am trying to switch over to aty some point if I can get a break between projects.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum