Change font size   Print view

Mackie D8B Repair Germany

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Mackie D8B Repair Germany

Postby Hannibal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello everyone,

three weeks ago I bought a used D8B as defect. The codec card was broken, and I got a new card from Carolina USA. I want to use the D8B as DAW Controller only and that´s why I don´t care about the Error 43. I only use the Power supply and turned the CPU of. I use D8Bridge and it semms to work, too. When I add a channel in Cubase, I can see it on the Display. So the card arrived and I put it in. Everything seemed to work well. But when I turn the console on, there is a strange flashing from the LED´s, but not all LED´s ( see the Video ). None of the buttons has a function by pressing it. It seems to me, that there is a Problem with my power supply, too. I´m not an electrician and that´s why I Need help to reanimate my D8B. If anybody knows, where in the near of Essen, Dortmund or even Collogne in Germany, there is a opprtunity or somebody repairing these Mixers within the powersupplies, please let me know. I really want to bring it back to life.

Kind Regards
Hannibal
Hannibal

Re: Mackie D8B Repair Germany

Postby lyn69 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Check the BFC power cable is secure. Sometimes (due to the weight of the cable) it does not connect properly causing leds to flash or pulse.
lyn69

Postby munkustrap » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi

can you describe a Little more in Detail your issue? I'm from Austria so not that far away if there is the Need for repair of one single board.

my questions:
- you say the Buttons do no react, all Buttons or only channel 1-12 or 13-24 ?
- what happens when you start the d8bridgem does the Firmware is downloaded correctly?
- are the faders working (only if the firmwaredownload works)

regarding you shorrt LED flashing. Well this is "usual" to digital electronics, when you power it the states are random (so lite up or dark), but there is a reset line that puts everything to Off so normally you do not see any flashing. In your case it seems so that this is not working as usual, so it seems so that there might be a bad contact to the connectors.
munkustrap

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:04 am

Good morning,

thanks for answering that fast.

Hello Lyn69
That´s a good advise, I´ll check the cable this afternoon, Thanks.

Hello Munkustrap,
I mean every single button, no LED´s or reaction. Transportsection, Channelsection, Controlroom ...nothing.
The Firmware should be correct. I bought a new USB to COM Adapter and downloaded the newest Drivers. D8bridge 1.1 for me the.64. And I use Loopmidi 1.0.13
The faders don´t take Control over my cubase faders.
Thanks for the advise with that LED flashing, that looked strange to me. I thought why are not all LED´s flashing and the meterbridge looked broken,too. The only LED on is the Rude Solo Light in the Solo/Studio section

I got a new Video for you. ( I forgot to say, that after loading everything up, the LED´s in D8Bridge jump on green. )

best regards
Benny

Hannibal

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Benny;

Have you tried the d8b all on it's own? Not connected to anything else?

This should tell you if it is functioning properly.

Not sure if that is a big think to do or nat as I do not use d8bridge or Pro-Box (sorry Ralph).

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby munkustrap » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:10 pm

so you have the same issue when you use the d8b with the original CPU and not with the d8Bridge?

for me it seems so that you have one of the following two defects:

- only MIDI SYSEX is transmitted via MIDI --> only the Display and the init will work, and that is the case on your Video
- your brainbaord has some defect(s) on the Serial clock or Data lines. that will cause no communication to Leds, faders, and Buttons.

best regards
Munk
munkustrap

Postby munkustrap » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi
how is the Status on your issue ? still the same?

let me know if you still struggle, I can help you at least a Little more

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Postby Hannibal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 am

Good evening everybody,

Sorry for answering so late, nightshiftweek ...

Thank you Bruce for the tip, yes I tried that but my D8B showed me the same problems.

Hi Munkustrap,
I tried that, but showed the same like with using the D8Bridge. When I use the CPU only it shows me the Error 43 everytime and the buttons do not anything, too.
And thanks for your email, I am coming back to you soon.

Actually I found a clever guy in Bottrop near by who takes a look at it right now. Brought it there yesterday and give it a try.

I'll let you know if there is anything new to tell.

Thank you all.

Have a nice day
Hannibal

Postby munkustrap » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi

is your d8b working again? If yes, what was the issue?

best regards
Ralph
munkustrap

Return to d8b Forum