Change font size   Print view

Sub Outs Not sending audio

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Sub Outs Not sending audio

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:29 am

I just finished rebuilding my studio after about a year of down time. Hooked everything up the same way it was before, but now no audio output from the SUB Out Busses. Created a VST track in Cubase. Audio goes from there to MOTU 828 II into a channel on the d8b. The meters are jumping for that channel and so are the meters on the masters panel for the two bus channels i am using, but the channels connected to a Mackie 32.8 Bus are dead. no signal. I checked everything and i cannot figure it out. ANy suggestions would be great,

Thanks

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Sub Outs Not sending audio

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:54 pm

If you are using a db25 to 1/4 inch cable to get to the 32.8, take the appropriate 1/4 inch and route it straight back into the d8b on a channel, just to take the 32.out of the equation. Or do the flip side and feed the 32.8 some audio to make sure it is working correctly. That is where I would start.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks i will try that.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:05 am

No luck still no output from BUS 1-8. Ohm out cable also proves cable is good. Confirmed master Out and Main outs working. I am stumped. I did not do anything to this unit accept leave it alone for about 9 month while we were painting and remodeling the house. I hooked everything up the way it was before. The only thing that is different is that i do not have a keyboard plugged into the CPU yet because i cannot find the adaptor i had for it.

Anybody have another suggestion?

RJ
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:13 pm

So after 9 months of it sitting, did it fire up like normal or did it want the BIOS reset or anything along the lines of an error 43? I find it weird that you can see the meters working on the Buss master but no audio out.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Maybe a surround setting is on. You should use the Stereo mode

Just my 2 cents.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crash » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am

Petersueco wrote:Maybe a surround setting is on. You should use the Stereo mode

Just my 2 cents.

I was wondering that myself but figured it would take putting it into surround mode somehow. I have never heard of one going into surround by sitting for an extended time. It is worth checking though.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Petersueco » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm

In the past I have had my studio set in surround mode almost all the time. I had a 5.1 Genelec system installed and when I was using the board for stereo I still used the Surround setting, but just operated it in a 2.1 way, using only L, R and subwoofer.

The Surround mode changes how the buss outs behaves. That was the reason I ponted it out.
Sonido 7
Music Production Studio
Petersueco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 am

when i fired it up, to my surprise, it fired up perfect on the first shot. No problems. Which is usually not the case. I have found over the years that it the Flouresant screen does not light up when the system is turned on, it will always present an error code or ask for the authorization number. In this case i usually wait for the display to come on and then reboot, and it always comes on. After gaining more knowledge about the d8b of the years, i think the reason the CF display does not always light up on start is a capacitor problem, (The big Black ones).

SO, i thought the d8b was always in stereo ode unless you change it. I will check again but i thought i already checked that setting. One thing i noticed is that tin the solo section, i cannot get the Solo button light off on the top left button in that section.
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 am

Interestingly enough i never thought to check the BOIS settings. Maybe i should try that. Has anyone else evr encountered the CF display problem?
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to d8b Forum