Change font size   Print view

Sub Outs Not sending audio

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Sub Outs Not sending audio

Postby Crash » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Something sounds extremely wonky with your console to me, especially given the info. of the intermittent VFD. Possibly voltage issues I would guess, possibly.

As for the solo button, the top left would be "mixdown solo" are you saying it always stays lit no matter what solo mode you select? One of the modes will always be lit just to clarify.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby anyhorizon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:41 pm

This may be worth a read.

The fluoro display thing is possibly another issue.

Peter.
In the scheme of things, there isn't one... just chaos.
anyhorizon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Location: Down under or up over, depending on where in space you are.

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm

I feel so stupid. I just remembered that when I started the console, I never loaded a session. I just tried with the default load up. Tonight I will try to start the console and load up a known good session and I have a feeling it will all work fine. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help.

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm

RJH_MUSIC wrote:I feel so stupid. I just remembered that when I started the console, I never loaded a session. I just tried with the default load up. Tonight I will try to start the console and load up a known good session and I have a feeling it will all work fine. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help.

RJ

What do you mean by this? Are you saying you ever had anything assigned to a buss?
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 am

No. I am saying when a session file is corrupt, no audio is output. I have had this happen before and when I reloaded a non-corrupt session the problem went away I will confirm tonight.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:11 am

Okay i have confirmed my stupidity! Turned everything on tonight. Took three boots to make the mouse work for some reason. Opened up a known good session and everything works. Audio meters flashing everywhere. Beautiful sight. It just sucks that i am getting so old that it took me a friggin week to figure that out.

Thanks for the insights. Lesson learned. Even when you thin the d8b is not working right, maybe it is working right but your brain is wrong.

RJ
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum