Change font size   Print view

5.1 OS Includes Plugins?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: 5.1 OS Includes Plugins?

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes, you are right bout that. but the cost of other digital mixers that have that many channels and Analog to Digital converters built in and.... act as a DAW controller is through the roof. I wish I could afford a Euphonix System 5 Fusion or AVID S6 with about 48 channels, but I would need a mortgage for that. Unfortunately I do not make that much money in music to afford one. Not unless I hit the lotto anytime soon. That is what is o great about the d8b - affordability with features and function. Lets face it, how many other mixers do what it can do with up to 72 channels per console.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:41 pm

But alas I am not talking about putting the power supply in the console, I am talking about putting just the CPU in the console. Remember that the reason the current CPU is so big is because it also contains the power supply for the console, which is where all the heat is coming from. SO the concept is to build a smaller power supply that would house the BFC, and just put the CPU motherboard, flash drive and peripheral connects inside the console. You would still need 2 boxes, the console and the power supply. If you take a look at the MUSE Receptor, this is what I am talking about in size. the Receptor is basically a computer with a hard drive with built in Audio. It has a motherboard, VGA graphics card, MIDI interface, Keyboard and mouse interface.... all it would need is a CF drive, and the console data cable and the OS. Someday I am going to try this with a RECEPTOR I have. But not until I figure out the Console power supply.

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 am

Any way we can decompile the OS and get the sorce code?

Lots of good programmers around.
phantomrage

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:55 pm

I like the sound of that.
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum