Change font size   Print view

Compression error?

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Compression error?

Postby phantomrage » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Last night I decide to go and install 5.1 I already had a 5.0 working d8b. The OS install went fine. No issues, works. (No hack as of yet)

Now the issue. Installing the plugin SP3, the system reads all 3 disks, and starts the unzipping process. About half way into it. It errors out with Compressing error, call tect support.

Any ideals?
phantomrage

Re: Compression error?

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:00 pm

phantomrage wrote:Last night I decide to go and install 5.1 I already had a 5.0 working d8b. The OS install went fine. No issues, works. (No hack as of yet)

Now the issue. Installing the plugin SP3, the system reads all 3 disks, and starts the unzipping process. About half way into it. It errors out with Compressing error, call tect support.

Any ideals?

Installation media... something corrupted in file compression when the diskettes were created would be my guess-timate. I've seen it before meselfs, I would highly recommend installing a usb floppy emulator in place of that 3 1/2 inch floppy drive. They're so ancient for openers, difficult to find a working drive let alone diskettes that aren't wonky...

You knew it was coming, so here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - "Your Actual Mileage May Vary"

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:34 pm

Will give that usb floppy emulator a try.

I need to pull the whole board apart and fix a screw up. I was cleaning a gain pot and knock a cap of isopropyl alcohol into fader ch 2. Now its stuck, and feels like sand is in it...
phantomrage

Postby doktor1360 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 pm

phantomrage wrote:Will give that usb floppy emulator a try.

I need to pull the whole board apart and fix a screw up. I was cleaning a gain pot and knock a cap of isopropyl alcohol into fader ch 2. Now its stuck, and feels like sand is in it...

Find something like this - it's an eBay search and that's where I got the hardware:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Floppy%20Drive%20to%20USB%20Flash%20Disk%20Drive%20Emulator&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I used the software download from this page, I didn't like the included software disc that came with the emulator:
http://www.ipcas.com/products/usb-floppy-emulator-fdd-to-udd.html

Get a 4GB little USB jump/thumb drive device, and just create the 'floppy disks' per the instructions in the site database link in the header above. You'll kick yourself that you haven't done this sooner... :D

I'm actually gonna post a fairly concise overview of this and updating to a bootable CF card for the D8B, and I've got another for turning an HDR into an SSDR (all solid state disks) - stay tuned... :ugeek:

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm

doktor1360 wrote:
phantomrage wrote: and I've got another for turning an HDR into an SSDR (all solid state disks) - stay tuned... :ugeek:

I am eagerly awaiting this as I have an HDR that is in a weird state so this will be the perfect candidate for this type of mod.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:56 am

I converted my MDR over to a SD card with no issues. Tested it with 24 track of white noise for as long as it could record. Never skipped a beat.

Just swap the card, format, and start new project.
phantomrage

Postby ZaneKean » Fri May 12, 2017 9:44 am

phantomrage wrote:I converted my MDR over to a SD card with no issues. Tested it with 24 track of white noise for as long as it could record. Never skipped a beat.

Just swap the card, format, and start new project.

Thanks Phantom, I did that and it seems to work fine now.
ZaneKean

Return to d8b Forum