Change font size   Print view

Using an HDMI monitor or television...

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Using an HDMI monitor or television...

Postby BoxElder » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 am

Hey guys, I'm new here. I recently acquired my 2nd D8B as I had lost my first one in Hurricane Sandy. That said, my question is this. I have a VGA to HDMI converter cable and when I hook it up, although it works to get the D8B GUI onto my television, it seems to be shifted to the left a tiny bit. It cuts the GUI off halfway across channel one, allowing me just enough visual to grab the fader with the cursor but it looks like crap cut off like that. Since it is a television and not a monitor, I have no control or menu choice allowing me to shift the image left or right. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this. I am rebuilding a studio and was looking to have three larger TVs (55" or bigger) on the wall as my visuals. One for Logic, one for a Mac that runs sample editing software and my sample database and finally one for my D8B GUI. I can't seem to find any modern flatscreen TVs that have a VGA input on them so this (VGA to HDMI converter) seems to be my only option. Any and ALL suggestions are welcome and will certainly be both appreciated and looked into... Thanks in advance!
BoxElder

Re: Using an HDMI monitor or television...

Postby Old School » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi,
Maybe if you assign it as a computer input, an adjustment menu will pop up(it did on my insignia). If not, then what you need is a converter that has scaling controls. I found this one on Newegg.com for $54. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... -_-Product Hope this helps.

Have a blessed day in Christ,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Using an HDMI monitor or television...

Postby BoxElder » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 am

Thank you much! Neither the monitor nor the flatscreen I have experimented with have the option to adding the input as a computer vs. something like a DVD or BluRay player so that won't work. I will definitely try the item you linked first to see if that solves it with these cheaper, smaller screens I've been experimenting with before I go and buy 3 bigger televisions. I'm looking to go 4K with all 3 TVs as I will be using one for hi-res video editing as well and I wanted 3 of the same model for asthetics. I greatly appreciate the info and the link and will post my results once I'm done. Thank you!
BoxElder

Return to d8b Forum