Change font size   Print view

d8b Parts

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: d8b Parts

Postby SteveT » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

Hi guys...

As noted in the other thread, I am very sad to hear of Eric passing. He was a good guy that helped me out on quite a few occasions. That said, I am sorry to say that I am not in a position to be able to invest in buying a bunch of parts and then selling them. Quite truthfully, even in my small way, when I did sell parts, I actually got quite a bit of grief if everything was not "perfect" even though when I sold them to people that they were sold as used parts, I could not guaranty anything other than that they worked when I had them in my possession. I did however give people their money back if the parts didn't work and they were sent back.

So... sorry, but I just can't do it..

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT on Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Steve
Thanks just the same.
Regards
Carlo
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Sun May 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Did Steve T ever get in touch about the interest?

Any news on Eric's family and the parts or what they might do?

I know it hasn't been long since he passed. I'm just curious.
phantomrage

Postby Crash » Mon May 08, 2017 9:57 pm

phantomrage wrote:Did Steve T ever get in touch about the interest?

Top of the page has all the answers from Steve.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Tue May 09, 2017 1:24 am

Hi all;

I have sent a note to Eric's wife regarding parts and what her intentions are or what she has done.

I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Regards
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat May 13, 2017 2:16 am

Hi all;

I have heard back from Terri Russ (Crosby), Eric's wife. Below is her question to all of you.

"I am looking for a way to liquidate all the music gear!!!! I am looking for someone who would buy the lot. Any ideas on what to do? Before Eric died he mentioned a guy in North Georgia who could be interested, but the text was auto deleted and I can't recover it according to Verizon. I am starting to call his Georgia contacts to see if I can find that person."

I am going to try to help her take inventory so she knows what she has. This may be difficult from Canada (she is in North Carolina). But we'll see how it goes.

If anyone knows who it is in North Georgia that she is looking for let me know and I will pass the info to her.

Cheers for now.
Bruce
Last edited by Bruce Graham on Sat May 13, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:00 pm

I dont know the guy in Georgia. I think some pictures of the gear could help you identify the parts for the inventory
If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants........
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Bruce Graham » Sat May 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey Carlo;

How's things going????

Yes, in my email to Terri I stated that pictures, perhaps even different views, would necessary in order for me to identify the many parts Eric had.

This may even go beyond his "Music gear" as Terri put it. I will do what I can to help her out. I may need to come to "you lot" for some assistance in identifying some of the parts. I confess I do not know all the parts that make a d8b/HDR/MDR/SDR system. Things like Video Card, which ones work, which ones don't. MIDI cards, again which ones work. Stuff like that.

I do not have a sense of how much "stuff" we are talking about yet. We'll see.

Hope all is well.

Cheers
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sun May 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Bruce. All ok here in Malta. Hope you are well bro.

Don't worry we will help you out for sure. There is a lot of knowledge here and we make up a good d8b team in this forum.

Let us know Bruce.

Lets give more years to our d8b. Without parts our beloved mixer is dead for sure and i dont want to change my desk. Its too good to throw away.

Regards
Carlo
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Carlo » Sun May 14, 2017 1:48 pm

On a second thought Eric must have labeled each part so its important to let Terri know about any information that she could find on a piece of paper, sticker, or boxes along with the parts.
Carlo
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum