Change font size   Print view

d8b floppies needed

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b floppies needed

Postby soundbytes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 am

Can Anyone help me out. I need someone to make me software version 5.1 floppy disks and service pack 3 disks to install a fresh os on my d8b desk. I have no way of creating them myself as I've nothing here with a floppy drive, I'm on an iMac.
Willing to pay for your time and costs, postage etc.

I have the install codes so no worries on that front.

Thanks to anyone who would be willing to help out with copies of these disks, so I can reinstall the os to a new hd. I was getting the dreaded system error 43 so worked out the hard drive was the problem.

If you can help please shoot me an email and we'll sort out money for postage and your time etc
soundbytes

Re: d8b floppies needed

Postby Bruce Graham » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 am

Hey Soundbytes;

I am in the "Need Floppies" boat as well, although it is for my HDR.

If you type "Emulator" in the search window above you will find a solution that should work. DOK is the dude who got this figured out.

Working floppies are getting very hard to find and create, so this may be the solution. I figure I'll replace the floppy drives in my 2 d8b's and my HDR as well as put one in my PC as I will need one there. For you, some one, like me once I make the change, would send you a USB stick instead of floppies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Bruce
Last edited by Bruce Graham on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I can make them if you have a source for the floppys, I made a set for my D8B and HDR, also have factory HDR and MDR OS floppys I can just copy.

Maybe Frys here in California still sells floppys, if so I can grab them from there.
phantomrage

Postby Bruce Graham » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:00 am

Hey Pahntomrage.

If you can get the floppies let me know. My sources here in Canada have stopped carrying them.

I do have floppies that format, but will not accept data. When I tried to create floppies it fails part way through.

I am in need of at set of HDR, version 1.4 if that is possible. Let me know if it is possible and what you would want as payment.

I live in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks.
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 am

When I get home I will see what version the HDR is.

Also will stop by frys and see if they sell floppys, if not we may have to get them online.
phantomrage

Postby Dreamsequence » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:22 am

Bruce & Soundbytes:

I have floppys and all the software: HDR v 1.4, D8B v 5.1 and Service Pack 3. I don't know anything about shipping to Canada, although I have been informed that the Post Office (USPS) is easy to deal with, especially on small items.

PM me with the information.

Pat
Dreamsequence

Postby phantomrage » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 am

^ sweet.
phantomrage

Postby Bruce Graham » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:36 pm

BEAUTY!

I'll PM you later. ON THE RUN right now!
Bruce
Bruce Graham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby phantomrage » Wed May 03, 2017 11:20 pm

Ever get those floppys?

I'm curious about the service pack 3 myself.
phantomrage

Postby Dreamsequence » Thu May 04, 2017 12:24 am

I think Bruce received them yesterday, but I believe his problem still exists after reloading v1.4. Others have suggested some bad RAM or reseating it. Beyond that, he's got gremlins! His HDR loads up to "Audio Engine Starting" and it hangs up. He reloaded the O/S disks again, it asked for verification, and he replied Yes. What I have not asked him is whether he has his keyboard, mouse, and monitor connected. There is information there during bootup; maybe a clue, too.

An executable PC floppy should boot in the A: drive. A program like Sleuth or CheckIt on that disk could do some low level troubleshooting, especially with RAM.
Dreamsequence

Next

Return to d8b Forum