Change font size   Print view

Video VHS Quick Start video guide

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Video VHS Quick Start video guide

Postby Crash » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Y-my-R wrote:I still have an NTSC VCR, as well as a cheap USB video capture interface (Hauppauge USB-Live|2). Not sure if more expensive units would result in better picture quality... but the stuff that I did digitize, came out OK enough (...VHS looks pretty awful, when being used to 4K displays).

I could transfer it to digital and upload to Youtube, if there's nobody who's got all that is needed in one place, already (I don't have the video tape).

If so, just PM me for the address, etc.

PM sent.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby captainamerica » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:58 am

Great look fwd to it!
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:50 pm

captainamerica wrote:Great look fwd to it!

I can't imagine there being anything in the vid that anyone here would find enlightening.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby captainamerica » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 pm

no hidden breadcrumbs Crash :)
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Y-my-R » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Thanks to Crash and I not throwing things away (he had the tape, I had the VCR), here's the often requested "Quick Start Video Guide" on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/124JWr9uOJE

I kept it set to "unlisted" for now, just to reduce the chances of someone flagging it as a copyright violation (who knows if Mackie still want that out in the wild)... so, I'd recommend to watch it before it might get taken down.

I had never seen this before, and find it much more useful (and funny) than I had expected. Not that there'd be any new information in there, for anyone who has been using a D8B for a while... but it does make a few things clear from the get-go, that new users seem to still get confused by, sometimes.

Thank you SO MUCH again, Crash, for sending me a brand-new, NOS factory shrink-wrapped VHS tape! This kinda made me feel as if I had just dropped big bank on the desk, and am treated to the "case candy" that you'd usually only get if you bought it new (I still have the original binder... so, I guess I have a complete set now, hahaha).

I'll create a new post on the forum some time, soon, but don't again, don't want to draw too much attention to this. So, watch it (or download it, if you know the trick for that) while you can!

Enjoy! :)
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby captainamerica » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:18 pm

good stuff ...thanks !
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:13 am

Y-my-R wrote:Thanks to Crash and I not throwing things away (he had the tape, I had the VCR), here's the often requested "Quick Start Video Guide" on Youtube:

I kept it set to "unlisted" for now, just to reduce the chances of someone flagging it as a copyright violation (who knows if Mackie still want that out in the wild)... so, I'd recommend to watch it before it might get taken down.

I had never seen this before, and find it much more useful (and funny) than I had expected. Not that there'd be any new information in there, for anyone who has been using a D8B for a while... but it does make a few things clear from the get-go, that new users seem to still get confused by, sometimes.

Thank you SO MUCH again, Crash, for sending me a brand-new, NOS factory shrink-wrapped VHS tape! This kinda made me feel as if I had just dropped big bank on the desk, and am treated to the "case candy" that you'd usually only get if you bought it new (I still have the original binder... so, I guess I have a complete set now, hahaha).

I'll create a new post on the forum some time, soon, but don't again, don't want to draw too much attention to this. So, watch it (or download it, if you know the trick for that) while you can!

Thanx for the effort, boyz... I've taken the liberty of downloading it from YouTube, it's archived on my workstation. If anyone would like their own copy, pm me and I'll upload it to Dropbox or something...

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Max_Jack » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:53 pm

Thank you - 谢谢 - धन्यवाद - Gracias - Grazie - Merci - شكرا - Спасибо - Obrigado !!
The endless river.. Forever and ever..
Max_Jack

Postby Y-my-R » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:00 pm

Keine Ursache - どういたしまして
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:17 pm

Y-my-R wrote:Thanks to Crash and I not throwing things away (he had the tape, I had the VCR), here's the often requested "Quick Start Video Guide" on Youtube:

Enjoy fellas. Glad to see the tape made it, ya never know these days.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to d8b Forum