Change font size   Print view

Rafters Remixes (migrated to here)

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Rafters Remixes (migrated to here)

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Password has been removed from Idisk (mobileme) site. Access to the tunes for download is possible once again. Looking to start a new mix this weekend if I get the chance. Hopefully a new tune will be up next week.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm

New tune is up. This one is called "And I Dreamed" and features a harmonica player. I can't remember his name but I do remember being impressed with his playing considering how hammered he was during the session. :)
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Another new tune is up on the cloud. This one is called "The Edge" and it was one of the tunes I was not really looking forward to jumping into. On further review of it, the song itself was not bad, just my original mix sucked mooseb*lls which took away from the tune. It is a very 70's sounding simple affair in the production department. This tune features the TC Phantom background singers on a few lines. Enjoy!!

In case you are new to this thread and jumped straight to page 2, all the tunes are on page 1 on the original post. You can stream 'em, or download if your heart desires.

Edit.... I just posted a new version. The Edge Mix 3 is the latest. I noticed some oddities that were bummin me out so being the guy I am, I spent some more time tweaking. This one is mo' better... :o
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Second to last tune is done. This is called Freedom (Mix3) and was the second of the two tunes that I really was dreading doing. It is one of those tunes that no matter what you do, you feel like you are slamming your head into a wall. I think I am done with it...
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 am

Yep, music is timeless - this is good stuff, I just now listened to "the edge" and "freedom", through the headphones I got from you by the way, and both cuts sound really good! Very good work. All I can say is I wish most of the tunes were a little longer. Back in the day I know it was appropriate to keep things under 3 minutes so what can you do about that?

AND... I love the cover... way cool.

Michael
Make some noise!!!
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:56 pm

High C Double G wrote: All I can say is I wish most of the tunes were a little longer. Back in the day I know it was appropriate to keep things under 3 minutes so what can you do about that?

AND... I love the cover... way cool.

Michael

The tunes are pretty short and to the point. As I recall, the original release clocked in at a tidy 38 minutes or so and I believe I can fuzzily remember having conversations about that during the making of this project. I was hoping to get more songs recorded but I am sure the finances of renting the mobile put a stop to that plan. I was a little shocked to see that Freedom came in at under the 3 minute mark. Having hated this tune with a passion, or at least my mix of it, I hadn't heard it in a long time and forgot how short it is.

As for the cover art, I believe this is an old family photo of Keith's relatives. Keith is the male lead vocalist you hear on this project fyi. My mother took the photo and did the "colorizing" on it to come up with the cover.

Glad you are digging the tunes (and the AKG cans), it has been fun rehashing these and sharing them.
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby High C Double G » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 am

Ahh it is coming back to me now. You had mom do some really cool stuff to some gear of yours right? Or she just got creative on your s#!+, with some bicycle sprockets and whatnot. I hope I saved some of those photos, that was some very cool crazy stuff. Very talented your mom is.

Thanks for sharing these tunes they got good legs for sure!

Michael
High C Double G
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Crash » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:08 pm

You know the drill. The new tune is "I'm Walking" and is the last tune of the bunch. I will go back after some time and see if there are any of these redo's that I may want to redo or tweak a bit. Enjoy!
Crash
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum