Change font size   Print view

memory extraction fail

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

memory extraction fail

Postby sweck » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi, For a while now I have been getting the serial registration upon loading 5.1. Each time I enter my legit serial and reboot I get the serial request again. I've tried battery replacement and it didn't work. I then starting getting boot fail message over the last week. I got out my original disks when went through the install process. after disk 3 I get the message saying extracting and then I get a message saying "memory extraction fail" Does anyone know what this is or how I might be able to fix it as my d8b is not working and I use it in a full-time studio.
sweck

Re: memory extraction fail

Postby Jondav1120 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi sweck,

It's most likely that your existing floppy disks have become corrupt. You will need to download the installers from the database as they are still missing from the mackie website, and produce a new set of disks. There are other possibilities, like the floppy drive itself may be giving errors, but the disks themselves are most likely the problem.

I believe that there is a HDD image somewhere (either in the forum, or the database), which if you can't get the floppy install to work, can be used to either directly install to the HDD or a CF card. This is exactly what I have done with mine, except I used an SSD.

Regards

John
Jondav1120

Return to d8b Forum