Change font size   Print view

HELP! Frustrated!!! d8b won't boot

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: HELP! Frustrated!!! d8b won't boot

Postby Y-my-R » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:43 pm

Great to hear it boots up now!

There's two different cracks available. For the older one, you'd replace the "control.asc" file on the Mackie OS harddrive, but then you would still need to use the authorization codes from somewhere on this forum, to unlock each plug-in individually.

There's a newer crack available, where you only need to replace the "MackieOS.EXE" file on the Mackie OS harddrive, and all the plug-ins will already be authorized. Sounds much easier... but I authorized mine a long time ago, before the new crack was available, so I have no personal experience with the new crack. Several people on here confirmed that it works successfully, though.

Here's a link to the download and instructions for installing the new crack:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1634&hilit=crack&start=150

You HAVE to use either the old or the new crack, or have the original authorization codes for YOUR specific D8B (the original codes are locked to an ID in a chip on the D8B. The crack bypasses that, so that authorizations work on ANY D8B, regardless of it's unique ID).

Assuming that you don't have the authorization codes for YOUR D8B, but want to run Mackie OS 5.1 (highly recommended), then it's necessary to follow the instructions for one of the cracks mentioned above.

Mackie OS 3 works without a separate authorization, btw. But you don't get all the features/plug-ins with this version.

Again, best of luck!
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Shoom78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Gentlemen,

Its seems I finally have been able to get my D8b to work! 5.1 hack seems to have taken as I do not get the Demo display box any longer. The only question that now remains is that I dont see any of the plugins. I have two MFX cards installed, my question is do I have to put the third disk in from my OS3 that is labeled MFX 3.0 installation or is that only from OS3? not sure if I want to mess with anyhing further as I just got it back up would hate to lose it again. Any suggestions or comments on where I may have gone wrong or is this normal?

Thanks

Shoom
Shoom78

Postby Old School » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi,
You have to have a UFX card installed in order to use most of the plug-ins. You can sometimes find one on E-bay or maybe someone here in the forum has one for sale. Glad you got it to boot!

Have a blessed day,
Mike W.
Wanna make God laugh, ...Tell Him your plans
Old School
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:34 pm

Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous