Change font size   Print view

Plug-Ins (UFX/MFX) cards

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Plug-Ins (UFX/MFX) cards

Postby Shoom78 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Good Morning,

After installing the 5.1 hack, I have a stupid question to ask, I noticed that I have no plug-ins on my two MFX cards. I understand that only certain plug ins will only work with a UFX card which seem to be very difficult to find or extremely pricey.

My question is, under the Mackie D8b Service Pack 3 on the sonido-7 website, if I download this and create a disk is this what I need to get the plug ins onto the mixer? Or did I mess up somewhere with the 5.1 OS install?

Can't remember if I even had anything under OS 3.0 but reading the forum seems with the hack for 5.1 plug-ins can be available to all? Or am I misunderstanding the case?

Would appreciate any insight, advice or clarification on the subject

Thanks

Shoom
Shoom78

Re: Plug-Ins (UFX/MFX) cards

Postby Y-my-R » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:48 pm

What do you see, if you:

1. Click on the "Plug-Ins" tab on the bottom
2. Click on the large square field in the PlugIn Select column in the Window that opens

Does it says MFX 3.0?

If so, select it and let it load. After that, you can choose different types of effects in the plug-in GUI that opens.

If you don't see that, then I'm not sure how to install that stuff... it came with the 5.1 OS for me.

You might also want to take a look under Setup/Licensing, to see which plug-ins are installed, and if they are unlocked (i.e. open lock symbol vs. a closed one). Not sure if the UFX plug-ins would show up here, if you don't have a UFX card installed, though (I have a UFX card in mine).
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum