Change font size   Print view

5.1 Crack Has Stopped Working.

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

5.1 Crack Has Stopped Working.

Postby isonomic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi,

I'm really sorry if this has happened before but I couldn't find anything on the forum.

I was just using my D8B and all of a sudden there was a pop and constant low tone started playing.
I rebooted the system and the authorisation window appeared for the 5.1 software. I entered the code from the crack and rebooted but the authorisation window keeps appearing. The ESN number of my desk matches the one for the crack. Has anyone else had this issue or am i out of luck for my desk? PLEASE HELP MEE everything has been fine since I set it up over a year ago :'(

Let me know if there's anymore information you need about my system.

Thanks guys and I hope you can help me !
isonomic

Re: 5.1 Crack Has Stopped Working.

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:37 pm

isonomic wrote:Hi,

I'm really sorry if this has happened before but I couldn't find anything on the forum.

I was just using my D8B and all of a sudden there was a pop and constant low tone started playing.
I rebooted the system and the authorisation window appeared for the 5.1 software. I entered the code from the crack and rebooted but the authorisation window keeps appearing. The ESN number of my desk matches the one for the crack. Has anyone else had this issue or am i out of luck for my desk? PLEASE HELP MEE everything has been fine since I set it up over a year ago :'(

Let me know if there's anymore information you need about my system.

Thanks guys and I hope you can help me !

I'd investigate what that 'pop' was before doing anything - was it from the host or console? Did you smell anything funky or see any wisp(s) of smoke or similar? Anytime there's a 'pop' of any sort concerning electronics, my first thought would invariably be related to voltage(s) - this case being no different. A visual scan and general going over of power supply, fuses... and sketchy looking and/or smelling discrete components. Check said fuses too, if one or more is blown that's gonna give a clue as to what probably occurred; possibly power supply related...

It's tough for me to say at face value what it is or what happened, but just start 'eating the elephant one bite at a time' by following a pragmatic sort of triage - starting with the voltages.

Just post what you're doing here and I'm sure it'll get worked out... above all, practice patience and safety (small voltages or not)... :geek:
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum