Change font size   Print view

d8b Fader 1-8 section "Warm" To Touch

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

d8b Fader 1-8 section "Warm" To Touch

Postby MouseQuake » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:32 am

Good Evening...
Today my faders 1-8 would not respond with my ProBox. After moving the faders up and down they respond but I noticed a particular section of the mixer (faders 1 -8) is warm to touch. Can anyone give me some insight on what would need to be cleaned or repaired and/or maybe have some instructions to assist? Please DM :D :oops:

MouseQuake™
Audio Engineer | Music Producer, MouseQuake Muzik LLC

IG: @mfmousequake
Twitter: @mfmousequake

Engineering / Production ​Credits: Nas | Mr. Lee | Pimp C | Bun B | David Banner | Lil Wayne | Ty Dolla $ign | Take 6 | Juicy J | ​Scarface | ​​Zaytoven | Jaguar Wright | ​Kevin Gates | ​Lil Flip | ​Zaytoven | Dej Loaf | Madukwu Chinwah | Vandell Andrew | Geno Young | 8 Ball & MJG | Stone Mecca | ​PSTheRebels |
MouseQuake

Re: d8b Fader 1-8 section "Warm" To Touch

Postby Phil.c » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:42 am

I think your best bet is to find another fader bank.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MouseQuake » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Thanks for responding...
Where could one procure another fader bank and anyone who could repair that?
MouseQuake

Postby Phil.c » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:27 pm

I don't know about the repair, also, these banks are becoming like hen's teeth, but fleabay or someone on this forum might have a spare.
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 am

You might have short in a ground path. Or in the 12vdc supply. Check the Mground wiring paths.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby MouseQuake » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 pm

RJH_MUSIC --

Can an Electronics repair center correct this issue? (I am not anywhere near knowledgeable to fix this :) )
MouseQuake

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:59 pm

Yes, I would Take it somewhere that specializes in audio equipment repair they Can troubleshoot it 1st to find out what the problem is.
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:45 am

My recent experience with audio repairers is, they didn't want to touch a D8B because spares were not available anymore!
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:20 am

I hate to admit it, but I have three fader banks in reserve for just that reason, and so sorry, nothing personal but not willing to part with them. I am also having a problem with Faders 1-2 currently and think i need to replace a bank. They refuse to move on start up and the motors are locked after boot up and i have to force them up and down before the will move freely and then sync to the OS, and then the faders in the software do not show the correct position of the fader.
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby funk » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 pm

you could try cleaning the faders, i have found this to work when only one or two go down or you can still get new ones if the tracks are badly worn, but if the whole fader bank goes this some times is down to the digi to analog chip going this is the little AD8801, i still have 1 or two left from fixing mine ( which did work in my case)
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Next

Return to d8b Forum