Change font size   Print view

Transport Display

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Transport Display

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Thought I would pass this on to everyone. I recently bought another d8b on e-bay and when I got it into my studio, I noted that the transport display was totally dark. I called the seller and he noted that there was nothing wrong with the console as you have to have something connected to the MIDI port in the remote CPU for the display to indicate position or the transport buttons to work. I said that cannot be, because my other d8b transport displays all zeros even if nothing is plugged into the MIDI port.

When I tried to connect devices, I also noticed that there was no audio output anywhere, not even on the bus outputs, so I thought something was really wrong. So before I was about to call the seller I thought I better check all of the software settings. I turned my attention to the clock card page and noted that clock source was set to external. As soon as I set it to "Internal" I got a loud hissing sound, so I rebooted the console. After reboot, noise went away and restored not only the audio, but now the transport display shows all zeros and the transport buttons now work again.

Just thought I would share if anyone has a similar experience, you will know how to fix it.

RJ
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum