Change font size   Print view

RIP Mike

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: RIP Mike

Postby Y-my-R » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 am

RIP, Mike.

I didn't really know him... we only exchanged e-mails once or twice, and it was quite interesting and educational to me.

But I think in my last response, I went on one of my typical tangents and didn't hear from him again... can't blame him. I trust he had more important things to do than listening to my half-focused ramblings, haha.

Rest in peace, Mike! I hope where you are now, is filled with the most wonderous and enticing music that you couldn't even imagine during your lifetime and that you'll get to enjoy every minute of all eternity!
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:32 am

All,

I have just seen this thread and like the rest of you I am truely saddened to hear of his passing.

Along with Steve T, he was one of the super originals to the forum and as others have stated not only a great person but an amzaing fountain of d8b knowledge.

He will definitely be missed on this forum.

If Mackie (or what ever it is called now) ever read this forum, they should definitely acknowledge his contribution to both Mackie and the d8b .

RIP Mike,

David G
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby captainamerica » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 pm

so so sad...we are all heading down that road eventually. RIP Mike
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby John T » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 am

Very late to this opposite of a party, but really sad news. I think I might have been one of the last people who managed to buy his (excellent) HDR book off him last summer. And we exchanged emails for a while after while he helped me get set up, despite him not knowing me from Adam. Seemed an absolutely lovely chap. RIP
John T

Previous

Return to d8b Forum