Change font size   Print view

External Clock Configuration - Digital Sync

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: External Clock Configuration - Digital Sync

Postby doktor1360 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Thanx again for all the continued input/info on this thread... it's pretty much firmed up my own opine that an external word clock is required when introducing the type of complexity that's involved with multiple clocked devices beyond just the D8B and HDR, and simplifying everything with a master clock generator with multiple clock out BNC connectors. To that end, I scored a Rosendahl Nanosyncs DDS (thx nuss) from Reverb for less than $150/USD including shipping (from Canada)... that should handle everything I've got on the agenda and more. I'll get it worked out when I rx the unit next week.

https://reverb.com/item/43322099-rosendahl-nanosyncs-dds-audio-clock-and-video-sync-reference-generator-2492-used

Another interesting note, I opened a support case w Cranborne and it turns out that one of the (undocumented) characteristics of the clock is the default of 48kHz when not setup in the software. Now, on my Mac mini I set it up (I thought) using the Audio MIDI Setup utility... just to check the word clock functionality. Everything else I read was verified as I went along, but I didn't have a DAW involved to this point... the default mode is "fixed internal", however the default rate is the aforementioned 48kHz and "normally selected from within a DAW setup, and that Mac's Audio MIDI Setup on it's own may not be sufficient." per Cranborne support. That fully explains the 'no lock' situation...

Just another hurdle leveraging some tech... all just part of the fun... yeah?!? :D

Again... thanx y'all!

\m/ ;)
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: External Clock Configuration - Digital Sync

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:37 pm

--
Dok