Change font size   Print view

CPU Host Triage

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: CPU Host Triage

Postby Phil.c » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:46 pm

D8b's do these things :shock:
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby RJH_MUSIC » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Hey thanks for the lesson on motherboard pricing. Good catch.

Well the only thing I can say is welcome to life with the d8b. I have seen stranger things happen.

LOL
2 d8b's 5.1 OS all the plugins, Mackie 32.8 Bus, 2 iMAC 27", Apollo 8 Quad, Cubase 9, Logic Pro X, VEP 6, 4 TB of VSTi Libraries, 28 Roland, Yamaha & Korg Synths and Keyboards, NI Hardware and Software.. Plugins, Plugins, and the list goes on...
RJH_MUSIC
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby doktor1360 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:53 pm

RJH_MUSIC wrote:Hey thanks for the lesson on motherboard pricing. Good catch.

Well the only thing I can say is welcome to life with the d8b. I have seen stranger things happen.

LOL

No kidding, man... see the "Hard Reset" thread... or the "External Word Clock" one as well if you haven't already... I've been doing what I can to keep things to one main post, but as you can probably see for yourself, that ship has already sailed... :D

I know I'm looking at something fairly significant (and 'odd')... it's not gonna be a "$10 fix" or anything close if experience tells me anything. I've pretty much isolated things and it's pointing to the console, it's all in those threads. I've been using this gear for over a decade, and yeah, I have seen some strangeness along the way... but nothing in the order of magnitude of this. I've always been able to get by making the repairs or whatever corrections, and ultimately I don't think this is gonna be any different in the end with the exception of the $$$ outlay to pragmatically work things out. Based on input into this and others experience, I'm thinking I'm pretty close. We'll see, I'll manage to stay busy with all this... that's for damn sure... ;)
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum