Change font size   Print view

Authorization

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Authorization

Postby pino68 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi everyone. It has long since I got to you because I have had health problems (my heart does the whims) ...
I gapped my d8b and I realize that he asks me the authorization, I put the data in my possession (all original) But every time I turn it on requesting me the authorization ...
I realized that it turns for a few minutes then turns off and I have to restart ... In essence, the authorization is not stored and then turns into "demo" mode .. . I do not know what to do.
The CPU works normally, at least I think ... since it starts very well and all the functions are perfect ... help. Thank you
pino68

Re: Authorization

Postby Phil.c » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Are you typing in the right numbers/letters like "0" & "O"?
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Yes. In my Unlock Code there are no "0" zero and "or"
pino68

Postby doktor1360 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:46 pm

pino68 wrote:Yes. In my Unlock Code there are no "0" zero and "or"

The code is hexadecimal... an alpha-numeric character representation in the range of [0-9,A-F], which are valid entries. So the letter 'O' is clearly then an invalid entry. Just use this as a rule of thumb... ;)

As always, for transparency purposes... here it is:
[Standard Mgmt Disclaimer] - ["Your actual mileage may vary..."]
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:30 am

OK. How can I solve as my code does not contain any zero and no letter "or"?
pino68

Postby Y-my-R » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:52 am

Is the authorization code you are entering the code that came with that specific console, or is it from a different console?

The serial code you enter, needs to be the right one for THAT console. There's a code embedded into a hardware chip inside the console, that gets compared to the auth code you enter. If it's not the right one for this console, it will not activate.

If it IS the right one for that console, then I'm not sure what's going on. Worst case, you might have to re-install the OS to make sure nothing got corrupted, and try authorizing again (unless someone else has an easier idea).

Not to peddle "technically illegal" things, but have you considered using one of the available Hacks for your D8B?

In case you don't already have ALL the available plug-ins authorized for the D8B, one nice side-effect would be, that you get all the available plug-ins working.

With the "new" hack, all you have to do, is to replace the MackieOS.exe file on your harddrive, with the "MackieOS.exe" file from this thread:
http://d8bforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... &start=150

When using this hack, the D8B usually isn't as finicky about authorization AND you get ALL available plug-ins as a bonus.

I personally still use the "old" hack, that required to replace the control.asc file and unlock all plug-ins with shared codes manually. But if I ever get an "auth" prompt, I'll be replacing the MackieOS.exe with the hacked version... much easier.

Best of luck - also for your health! :)
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby pino68 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:38 am

Ciaooooo y-my-r, which pleasure to feel after so long ... I am always Italian pino68.
You helped me so many times and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have come to my head.
Remember that I had the mixer who had died, then many other problems, the audio no longer felt, then I was advised to disassemble the mixer, each card, clean the contacts ...
Now it works well.
Unfortunately it does not accept authorization and therefore every seven minutes I have to restart ...
I have everything original ... the support has been abandoned and therefore no longer miss all the codes of the various plugins I purchased, fortunately I have everything.
I'm taking into consideration what you say, now unload hack and I feel ... what do you think?
Hi my angel ...
pino68

Postby pino68 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:53 am

Y-My-R, I wanted to ask you how to put the Mackieos.exe file in the system folder on the CPU ...
Can you kindly explain to me?
Thank you
pino68

Postby pino68 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:07 am

put the hack file in the mackie folder but you don't start and lock everything ...
pino68

Postby pino68 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:09 am

How can I make new floppies with the V5.1 system?
How do I extract the files to put them on floppy?
pino68

Next

Return to d8b Forum