Change font size   Print view

VERY LOW SOUND

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

VERY LOW SOUND

Postby THARYDE » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:13 am

Hello, I hope I posted this in the correct place, I couldn't find a forum discussing exactly what my issue is.
My D8B audio has been working just fine, until today. I woke up, and I tried to play a YouTube video. The meters are moving, but the sound is little to nothing. Regardless of what channel I use, no sound or very little. Just to clarify what I mean by very little: The faders are all the way to the max, the trim is up to the max, and still hardly anything. Nothing happened overnight, I just woke up to this. Is the mixer done for? Thanks. Happy Holidays!
THARYDE

Re: VERY LOW SOUND

Postby Phil.c » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:46 am

D8b’s can be very temperamental, try re-booting first, if it’s still the same, switch off and reconnect the BFC, the big connector, you could also do the same with the Data connector next to it.

Make sure your word clock is showing locked in settings.

Merry Christmas
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: VERY LOW SOUND

Postby captainamerica » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:25 am

Phil is correct. Suggest you also review https://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/index.html which is a GREAT source for troubleshooting.
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum