Change font size   Print view

What will 2023 bring with your D8b

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

What will 2023 bring with your D8b

Postby captainamerica » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:15 pm

Well, I will still being doing music with my trusty d8b, even though I am looking at a future SSL board, a new Mac PC and a Genelec ATMOS upgrade...we can all dream right :)

Happy New Year everyone and best to you and your family in 2023.
Attachments
Atmos.jpg
Atmos.jpg (Array KiB) Viewed 704 times
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: What will 2023 bring with your D8b

Postby csp » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:19 am

Not sure but most likely throwing in the towel on the music business and now that the console that was donated to the Music Association (that I am a voluntary member of), has proven to be a complete dud, I will probably pack up my trusty old d8b and donate it to the Association.

I will look back on my 60+ years in the business and bask in the memory that I have worked with and for some of the most famous artists in the world (both good and bad --- and having a double barreld shot gun drawn on me in the studio --- but that is another story !!!), as well as opening, staffing and running one of the most famous live venues in the world for it first 16 yrs.

I might even spend my spare time thinking about writing a book --- but concerned that I might tell the truth and get sued !!!!

Irrespective of what I do, I will always be floating somewhere around this forum.

Hope you all have a really great and fruitfull 2023 and try to stay COVID safe/free.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Phil.c » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:35 pm

Write that book David but first make sure all you write about are dead :D

Phil
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:28 pm

Phil,

Many (if not most) are--- and give me a few years and I probably will be also !!!!!

The are two main problems/reasons why I haven't done anything, one is simply the motovation to get started on it and the other is trying to remember everything (especially dates) as I have never been the type to keep a diary, ask for autographs or in the case of live events ask for a copy of the programme. I have simply gone about doing the job I had to do and to do it to the best of my ability with the limitatioms of ARTIST, equipment available/supplied and location.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum