Change font size   Print view

anti "lockdown" track, better late than never. new link

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

anti "lockdown" track, better late than never. new link

Postby funk » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:43 pm

our anti "lockdown" track, better late than never.... might even become current again soon !
Hi yall, hope you like my anti lockdown idea, still abit of work to do, some of the brass is dragging badly but its getting there.

bass was done on a Crafter acoustic fretless, as i had to sell my double bass, so that does all my double bass sounds for now.

cheers all

dedicated to Rob the sax.

https://on.soundcloud.com/LFvzo

PS just checked the link and for some reason it sounds muddy, will try and upload again with a wav later
Last edited by funk on Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Re: My anti "lockdown" track, better late than never...

Postby Phil.c » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:15 pm

That was very good and well put together and lots going on ;)

My two pence worth on the mix, not sure about the drums and tambourine that far left but great sounds though with brass and bass :)
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby funk » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:09 am

Cheers Phil, wont even tell you how many tracks it used up ! yes your right about the mix, i still have some work to do as you can hear, does not help having my left ear dull, so mi centre mix is not 12 oclock on top of my head, its about 2 oclock, been like that for about 4 years now, if i blow my nose it clears, ears are clean, just strange. The brass is a mix of "new york Brass" samples , and my mate rob on sax, and me playing flute trombone and trumpet, hence it slightly out in parts, thats me not rob, regarding the brass samples, its "New York Brass" there are some cracking ones there, if anyone is interested get intouch with them and they will give you cleerence and send a link for very good quality downloads all of them for free, and all to use as you wish in songs as long as you give them a credit if releasing your tracks, great bunch of guys. cheers
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!
"Funk is what you dont play"........GREAT.....im off to the pub then,
funk

Postby Phil.c » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 am

Having a deficiency in one ear is pretty bad when mixing, a few years ago, for no reason at all I lost all earing in one ear, music was not possible at all, luckily the hearing camr back about a week later to my relief!
Phil.c
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby captainamerica » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:00 pm

sounds good, like the latin feel ...and yes ALWAYS try mix low when you can and give your ears a rest

...use the 20/20/20 rule that I modified for vision:

Hearing:
Every 20 minutes, listen to else something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
DAW: Genelec 8341,MacStudio, QuantumTB, Faderport16, DP, LogicProX, ProTools.BackupDAW:d8B, MacPro 2008 2xQuad-Core, MOTU (2408)LegacyDAW: A2000, Picasso II, Blizzard 68060@50 MHz|3xAD516 SunRize cards|HydraNexus Amiganet Ethernet.
captainamerica
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to d8b Forum