Change font size   Print view

Mackie freezing, and I did something stoopid..

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: Mackie freezing, and I did something stoopid..

Postby Y-my-R » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:47 am

Just don't delete the old/original "MackieOS.exe" file, but just rename it to something like "MackieOS_original.exe" or similar.

If things don't work out as expected after putting the new "MackieOS.exe" file in the place where the original was, then you can always repeat the process, and rename the original file back to "MackieOS.exe" - then the changes are undone, and you can look at the list of unauthorized plug-ins again ;)

As for "before you reset the BIOS" - the D8B Database has info on how the BIOS needs to be set, for the old Motherboard (two different types of memory banks that take different length memory modules), or the new Motherboard (a single bank of memory slots, that are all the same length).

The settings are a little different, depending on if you have the "old" type of motherboard or the "newer" type. That's why you'll need to look for the correct posting in the database.

Setting the BIOS per the instructions for these motherboards is NOT the same as using "Load optimized settings" (or whatever it's called) in the BIOS. These settings will NOT be correct for use with the D8B... it's just called something like that in the BIOS, because the same motherboard could be used to run (an old version of) Windows or Linux, etc.

So, if you haven't done so, yet, look at how the BIOS needs to be set for the old motherboard, or the "HDR and newer" motherboard:
https://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html

Again, best of luck!
Y-my-R
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Mackie freezing, and I did something stoopid..

Postby THARYDE » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:20 am

Thanks! I'll see what happens and keep you posted!
THARYDE

Previous

Return to d8b Forum