Change font size   Print view

Extreme Newbie Needing Assistance

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Extreme Newbie Needing Assistance

Postby Soulwarrior777 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:23 pm

HI All!

I purchased a ton of recording studio equipment from a friend who was passing away a few years back. He has two d8b's, one is working and I believe that the second does not. I purchased a Mackie d8b CPU with CF Drive, V5.1 and plugins unlocked from Mud Duck and contacted him about assistance in trying to get these running to no avail. Would anyone be interested in assisting this newb in properly getting these going? Thanks so much!!
Soulwarrior777

Re: Extreme Newbie Needing Assistance

Postby doktor1360 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:11 am

Soulwarrior777 wrote:HI All!

I purchased a ton of recording studio equipment from a friend who was passing away a few years back. He has two d8b's, one is working and I believe that the second does not. I purchased a Mackie d8b CPU with CF Drive, V5.1 and plugins unlocked from Mud Duck and contacted him about assistance in trying to get these running to no avail. Would anyone be interested in assisting this newb in properly getting these going? Thanks so much!!

Where are you at with this? Do you have the CF drive installed correctly? Have you attempted to boot everything up? Regardless, I'd try booting it up and getting the BIOS settings properly set up... and then reboot the machine. You can find the BIOS settings in the database on this site (see the forum header for the link)... I'd also highly recommend changing the CMOS battery on the motherboard so any/all changes you make to the BIOS will also be saved. All things considered, if you've gotten this far, you should be seeing the MackieOS boot up...

Gotta eat the elephant one bite at a time here... post back yer progress and/or any issues you encounter...

Peace
--
Dok

"Too many guitars is just about right..." - [Anonymous Player]
doktor1360
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby arjepsen » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:12 am

Sure, we'll do our best to help you out. :-)
arjepsen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Soulwarrior777 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:49 pm

Thanks Guys. I am out on business for two weeks but will check in when I return. Again, I thank you for your assistance. The consoles look loaded and extremely nice, so I would like to get them rolling.
Soulwarrior777

Return to d8b Forum