Change font size   Print view

unlock codes 2023

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

Re: unlock codes 2023

Postby csp » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:33 pm

Herman,

I have no idea about Hack 1 as I and I think most have gone for Hack 2.

With Hack 2 when installed there is no requirement for any authorisation code for anything, because as detailed previously after downloading and installing the OS 5.1 (get that from the Database) and the SP3 files, you then go into that OS and find the Mackie OS.exe file and change it to something else (it has been suggested that you change the .exe to .bak --- in my case I made doubly sure by changing the file from mackie os.exe to mackie os A.bak), then install the Hack 2 OS.

The requirement to have authorisation codes is in the Mackie OS.exe file, while the Mackie OS.exe file in Hack 2, has this part of the OS system code missing.

As a result once the Hack 2 programme is installed and the desk turned on and the booting process starts, it starts looking for a MackieOS.exe file (but the original file that required the finding of auth codes because of the name change --- .exe to .bak acn't be found) when it gets to the Hacked OS file (the new MackieOS.exe), it starts to load it but as there is no requirement to check for any serial number or authorisation code, it simply continues to load, so that once the desk is fully booted and at no stage has it requested any auth or serial code, everything is effectively authorised and operating in a fully unlocked manner.

So to sumerise your question (but using Hack 2 ), once the desk is booted, EVERYTHING is effectively authorised and no code is required for anything.

The important thing is that the Hack only works on OS 5.1

I trust that the above explaination helps

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Herman Lemos » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 pm

David,
Thanks for the reply i tried hack2 but the problem is when it boots up still asks me for the Auth code as on Hack one boots right up normal. So i am not sure why hack too does not boot up normal for me i copied everything the same way.
But thanks for all your help and time i got the board working perfect with hack one but just one effect.

Thanks Again
Herman Lemos

Postby csp » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:46 pm

Herman,

I have no idea why Hack 2 did not work. All that I can think of is that it was not installed correctly, or if you installed Hack 1 first, that it might have done things to cause Hack 2 to fail.

Possibly some of the FAR more experienced Hack users might be able to give a reason or give very detailed instructions as to how to install it the OS 5.1 and SP3. Unfortunately I did mine quite some months ago on a desk that I was having major problems with and that part of the service process I did not write down the full step by step process, BUT if you have the time or inclination to go through all of the pages of the topic "Not Quite The End of The Saga", I think that you will find the instructions and/or links to how to install the Hack 2 system.

I am not sure that I can help you any further, but feel free to ask.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:54 am

Herman,

Just sent you a PM with some information.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby csp » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:31 am

Herman,

I knew there was a good reason why I do not have Watsapp, so I will not be able to call into a WhatsApp number.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to d8b Forum