Change font size   Print view

unlock codes 2023

Discussion board for Mackie's d8b Digital Console users.

unlock codes 2023

Postby tubba » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:04 pm

help help i need unlock codes
tubba

Re: unlock codes 2023

Postby csp » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:25 pm

From your joining date I am presuming that you have recently acquired a d8B console, if so it would be handy to know exactly what you have --- ie OS vers, efftects cards, clock card type (Mackie or Apogee), new/old motherboard, etc

I am guessing that you are refering to the various plugins, if so I would suggest that you install the "Hack 2" OS as detailed in the Database BUT be sure to do it exactly as instructed --- you can also go back somewhat into my forum topic --"Not quite The End Of The Saga" where it is fully discussed.

The Hack 2 over comes the need for any of the licences, including the actual OS licence.

Hope this helps you in your quest.

While at it you might also consider going the Flash Card route --- also fully discussed in the topic mentioned above.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Herman Lemos » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi Csp

How would I get the 5.1 version hacked I bought the software from a guy on a CF CARD I upgraded my memory to 32 and now my board starts up in Bios an only in Demo mode Can you help please??
Thanks
Herman Lemos

Postby csp » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:19 pm

Herman,

Firstly welcome to the forum.

First thing to ask is do you know if your desk has the old or new motherboard, this can be checked by looking at he serial number printed on the back of the Rack Unit ---Models 090-126-xx, serial number prefix “BS11954” or higher (that is, all models after Nov 1999), use the new 480-039-00 motherboard, and DC power cable.

Once you know which motherboard, I would suggest that that you fully check the BIOS settings --- they can be found in the Forum's Database (write them down so that you can easily check them when you check the BIOS).

I will assume that you have correctly installed the Flash Card as below:

You have installed an IDE to CF adaptor and placed the flash card into it and that you have removed the IDE cable from the installed Hard Drive and connected this to the IDE/CF adaptor and also removed the 4pin Molex power plug from the Hard Drive and connected this to a 4pin molex to a 3 1/2" floppy disk power lead (you will probably have to either make one of these or see if you can buy one from a computer repair shop or somewhere such as Radio Shack if you are in the USA ) and powered the IDE/CF adaptor.

You will then need to do a search on the forum for "HACK 2" and go through the process of installing this. If you read through my VERY long thread "Not Quite the end of the saga" you will see quite a bit of reference to doing this, also there are posts by others on the process (see DOK and Y-my-R as I am sure that they also have posted the method). The important part being to alter the "OS 5.1 OS.exe" file to something like "OS 5.1A.bak" and do this before you start to install the Hack 2. You will need to do the Hack 2 install on to the CF card by connecting the card to a usb card reader and doing the install of the Hack 2 via an external PC.

After successfully installing the Hack 2 onto the CF card (I am poresuming that the OS 5.1 installed on the card when you got it was/is OK), you should now be able to re insert the CF card into the IDE/CF card adaptor and boot the desk in the normal way.

The Hack 2 operating system bypasses all of the licencing requirements, so that not only will the desk load in full operating mode but all/any effects cards installed will operate in fully licenced mode.

It is quite an involved process (well with my complete lack of IT knowledge I found it so, the first few times that I had to do it !!!) but if I have detailed everything correctly it will work, If I have stuffed something, I am sure that others will chime in and correct me.

If you do not have the IDE/CF Converter unit there are plenty on ebay and they are quite cheap (in Australia they are about $6) and the flash card should best be limited to 4gig.

Hope the above helps and be sure to let us know if you have problems and if it all works OK.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Herman Lemos » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:47 pm

Hi David
Thank You so much for all the info I will be posting back once I get some progress again Thank You for your time.
Herman
Herman Lemos

Postby Herman Lemos » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:08 am

David so my serial number is AW10860
Herman Lemos

Postby csp » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:57 am

Herman,

I should have asked, where are you located as this weill give us a better idea as to when to assist you

All desks with a serial number of BS11854 use the new motherboard, so I am guessing that with a serial number starting with "AW" would be before one starting with "BS' therefore I would think that it is the old motherboard.

Possibly the best way to check is to have a look at the Database and in particular the photos of the two motherboards ( https://www.sonido-7.com/d8b/maintenance.html#Post14 ).

Then have a physical look at the actual motherboard installed. As you will see in the photos, the new motherboard has the BIOS battery in the bottom RH corner whereas the old motherboartd has it in the middle of the board, just behind the exspansion slots.

That Dastabase page also has the BIOS settings for both boards --- just be sure to use the correct one.

If you don't know how to access the BIOS settings, on powering the desk, immediately hit and hold the delete key until the BIOS main page appears. If you are not sure how to move around the various setting, change the settings and save them, let us know and if not me then others will assist you. The first thing that you will need to do is to choose the option to check for the hard drive if you are operating the desk from the CF Card (forgotten exactly what it states in the list, but it is half way down the second column). It should super quickly flash that it is the CF card ---- just don't blink or you will miss it !!!!!

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Herman Lemos » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:51 am

Hello David
Thanks for all your help I defiantly have the old motherboard the battery is in the middle.
The issue I have now after buying a pre installed CF card with the software is The mixer boots up and you hit F1 to continue then takes me to the bios once I save and continue it boots up 5.1 then asks me for Authorization code and I dont have that as this board originally had 3.0 but the guy I bought the CF card from told me this was plug and play so I thought I was getting a Cf card already with the hack but its not the case . I Live in San Francisco area California what would be your recommendation at this point My old hard drive took a dump on me so my old 3.0 software is no good as the hard drive I originally had is bad. Would I need Hack 1 or Hack 2 and is there a way I can get this on a Cf card plug and play type??
Thanks sorry to ask so many questions just a bit frustrated but I Love this Board.
Thanks so much appreciate you
Herman Lemos
Herman Lemos

Postby csp » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:59 pm

Herman,

When you get up in the morning (it is now 3:00am your time) if you can send me a PM with your phone details, I will give you a call at about 2:00pm your time.

I think that you are definitely getting yourself somewhat confused about what you need to do. Don't worry, I had no idea what I was doing most of the time for the past 18 mths !!!!!

In the meantime, if you have a portable multi card reader with a USB lead and it takes a CF Card and you can remove the CF card from the Rack Unit, install it in the card reader (not knowing how much you know about CF cards, but they are insert coded --- looking at the side of the card, you will see a slot/groove on either side with one slot being fractionally wider than the other --- check inside the card reader and you will see that it has a narrow pin on one side and a slightly wider pin on the other. Insert the CF card with the required slot to match the pin)

Once inserted plug the card reader into your computer and look for the CF card.

Open the CF card to see its files and see if you can find the folder containing the Mackie OS. If so open that folder and see if you can see a file that looks something like Mackie 5.1OS.BAK or only the file Mackie 5.1OS.EXE.

Definitely do not alter or erase any file.

If you can see the file that looks like the .BAK file then I would think that HACK 2 is installed. If it is working correctly is another story. I am guessing at this stage, that it is either not installed or not installed correctly.

The hack that I would recommend is the HACK 2 option, as from what I read at the time it was far more simple to install than the HACK 1 option, BUT both achieve the same end result --- bypassing the Authentication requirement.

Send me a PM and I will call you.

David
csp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Postby Herman Lemos » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:08 am

David
Question when you download hack 1 does it come with all the effects unlocked or doe you have to enter all the codes individually?
Herman Lemos

Next

Return to d8b Forum